Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis Reunion 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 17:07
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

I would be ecstatic over a new Genesis album (3-man, 4-man or 5-man, it doesn't matter).  While I understand that a tour is going to rake in a whole lot more cash for the guys, I'm not that interested in rehashing the glory days with a new tour.  Now if they had a new album to tour on, that would be something. 

A new album....Agree!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 03:22
It might eventually produce an album anyway. Sometimes a tour can get the old creative juices going and they can see how Nic get's on playing the stuff.
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 16:40
They will never make a new album because they know it will be endlessly compared/contrasted to what they wrote and recorded 45 years ago!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 07:32
Originally posted by Steve Wyzard Steve Wyzard wrote:

They will never make a new album because they know it will be endlessly compared/contrasted to what they wrote and recorded 45 years ago!

Hi,

Not to mention that the chances of this tour taking place in 2020 is probably highly unlikely and I'm not sure that anyone is going to try and put together a stadium show for them, either.

The whole virus thing is more serious than it is thought, and hopefully it won't cause major problems, but hoping to see a band, for the rest of this year? ... I have my doubts even though many are already rescheduling things.

Edited by moshkito - March 21 2020 at 07:32
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Jagriner4 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagriner4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2022 at 09:39
Saw the Last Domino? show in Chicago. This was terrific closure to a fabulous career (albeit one with a few detours).

The show did include much that was 80's pop, but there was also much that was prog. The show started with Duke and included nearly all of Selling England by the Pound.

Daryl Stuermer played the Hackett bits from the SEBTP titles with skill, finesse and respect. Though an employee rather than a member of the band, he was truly THE guitarist on stage (no offense intended to Mr. Rutherford, a fantastic musician and composer himself).
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2022 at 19:39
Originally posted by Jagriner4 Jagriner4 wrote:

Saw the Last Domino? show in Chicago. This was terrific closure to a fabulous career (albeit one with a few detours).

The show did include much that was 80's pop, but there was also much that was prog. The show started with Duke and included nearly all of Selling England by the Pound.

Daryl Stuermer played the Hackett bits from the SEBTP titles with skill, finesse and respect. Though an employee rather than a member of the band, he was truly THE guitarist on stage (no offense intended to Mr. Rutherford, a fantastic musician and composer himself).

Nice, I didn't expect to play so much from the earlier days. Have they ever done so before, since Hackett left?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 23:57
^ they didn't (at least when I saw them) . Much of the prog stuff was just small excerpts so the statement they played most of SEBTP is stretching it a bit. However I did enjoy the tour debut show in Birmingham (UK) and was very impressed with Nick as I think I posted before. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234