Topic ClosedCovid-19 and the madness of crowds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 73>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2020 at 15:55
One thing I’ve noticed - people aren’t taking this seriously enough. How is it the human race gets bored and complacent very quickly ?? Behaviour like this will likely ‘allow’ Covid19 to claim many more, otherwise, avoidable deaths. “ Silly human, silly human race “ - Jon Anderson
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2020 at 14:56
^ Very sad, hopefully he will pull through.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2020 at 13:57
This evening, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved into intensive care, as his condition has worsened over the course of the day.

Whatever political or tactical arguments we have over Covid-19, I know that everyone will join me in wishing him and his family well.

Incredible times........
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 05:34
Image may contain: possible text that says The Toilet Paper &quot;crisis&quot; confirms that we have more a****les than we thought!
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 13:38
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 13:33
I work on an island - yes, I cross a 900m bridge every day to work. Where we are is rather isolated compared to the more metropolitan areas, which tend to be the hot-spots. We have only had 2 cases here, one of which, a woman in her 70’s, returning from a cruise ship, sadly passed away in hospital. Most folks abide by the new measures, though you get the odd fool who thinks they’re immune.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 12:25
^ Yeah we were right on top of it and shut this place down.   It works, you just have have patience and some self-reliance.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 11:40
My wife just sent me a clip of an article that says Washington and California have an 8% positive test rate compared to 35% in NY and NJ. 26% in Louisiana 15% in several others. All those states started distancing orders about 2 weeks after Washington and California.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 10:32
^ A choir rehearsal would be about the worst thing possible. Lots of little water droplets being projected into the air with much force. Only a coughing and sneezing contest could have been a worse choice.
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 09:04
Washington state, the original U.S. hot spot for COVID19, started mandating social distancing 1 month ago. Other places in the U.S. that were many days behind Washington have exploded with cases. We continue to increase here, and definitely have a load of bafoons that continue to defy the mandate, but there has definitely been a flattening of the curve. Other places like California Bay Area counties, San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda all could have been in the same situation as the New York metro area, but were early adopters of stay-at-home mandates.

One of the hotspots here was a choir of 112 people, 60 of which defied the mandate to have a rehearsal on March 10. 45 got sick within the week and 2 have died. I would be curious to know what the infection rate is among the 52 members that stayed home.

Heed the warnings. Learn from the hubris of others.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:26
I’ve been following this thread since itts inception. In all my overbloated ignorance and selfish twaddle, I am very concerned with this strain of virus. Social - distancing is no bother (I’m anti-social anyway). My concern is the ingnoeant t***s who think this is a joke. I work in retail, I’ve copped the late shift at my place of employment, it kinda sux, though I’m grateful to still be out there (as if I’m not already....ha ha). The longer these strict social rules are applied, we will combat this piece of sh*t. I just wish to gave this rigmarole done and dusted, sooner the better.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 01:54
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Life is carrying on as normal in Belarus. All of the shops are open and no sporting events have been cancelled. The President has recommended people drink lots of vodka and take regular saunas to beat the virus. President Lukashenko  was out playing ice hockey the other night to prove that life goes on as normal in his country. Despite having no lockdown, there's only been around 150 cases of Covid-19 in the whole of Belarus so far and only one reported death from Covid-19 of an elderly man with underlying health problems.

Lukashenko's an idiot.

I wouldn't put much credence in official figures from Belarus, but let's see what happens there. I doubt it is going to be pretty.
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 00:35
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

New Orleans, Memphis, Key West and Austin are not Oklahoma, not by a long shot.

I know Oklahoma, I used to live in Commerce TX, if you drove a while north and west, you were at a bar in Okie town where the number one rule was, never mention you are from Texas, or have any support for the Cowboys, Longhorns etc ... thems fightin words, and okies don't front.

Yep.  I used to live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. 

Q:  Why is Oklahoma so windy? 

A:  Because Texas blows and Kansas sucks. 

For all of that, I saw some amazing prog concerts when I lived there!  Al Dimeola, Moody Blues, Chick Corea, and Pat Metheny all come to mind instantly.  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 00:33
...of course, we Yanks, with our affection for high-powered assault rifles, have to raise the stakes in our own perverted manner.....

Anti-government extremist Ammon Bundy led a meeting where he agitated for Idahoans to physically defy the state’s stay-at-home order, which is meant to slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Bundy is perhaps best known for leading the armed, 10-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon in 2016. But these days he’s threatening to rise up against the public health measures to ward off COVID-19.

“The right to travel is not theirs to take,” Bundy announced to the crowd. “The right to assemble is not theirs to take. The right to worship how and when and where we want is not theirs to take.” If a business owner decides to keep their business open in violation of the state order, Bundy said, he would organize a group to “surround them and protect them.” In American history, Bundy argued, dying for liberty’s sake had been celebrated.

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/04/militia-leader-vows-to-defend-lockdown-violators/?fbclid=IwAR3sIcl1txWAnsb4hivLPVp0jNPH0o5CA6Pa7axlNQy4iZTsD6jbZUUseEc
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 00:02
Life is carrying on as normal in Belarus. All of the shops are open and no sporting events have been cancelled. The President has recommended people drink lots of vodka and take regular saunas to beat the virus. President Lukashenko  was out playing ice hockey the other night to prove that life goes on as normal in his country. Despite having no lockdown, there's only been around 150 cases of Covid-19 in the whole of Belarus so far and only one reported death from Covid-19 of an elderly man with underlying health problems.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 23:05
New Orleans just went thru MardiGras, and a bunch of NCAA football bowl games including NCAA Championship Game that included many gatherings and interviews over several days. Plus Bourbon Street being open 24/7 up till a week or so ago, we are told it is boarded up now.
We have a lot of family in New Orleans........
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 20:18
Oh John I know that..  short of my youth spent in Oregon I've spent the whole of my life living in red states until 2019 at least (yeah Virginia).  It was a tongue in cheek jab..of poor taste perhaps but that is where I live online... and more applicable to the usual sh*thole southern. deep south suspects who have 'kick me' signs posted at the border along the interstates  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 20:04
New Orleans, Memphis, Key West and Austin are not Oklahoma, not by a long shot.

I know Oklahoma, I used to live in Commerce TX, if you drove a while north and west, you were at a bar in Okie town where the number one rule was, never mention you are from Texas, or have any support for the Cowboys, Longhorns etc ... thems fightin words, and okies don't front.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 19:58
great to visit WinkBeer The spawn of Satan and I absolutely adored.. loved our years living Oklahoma.. wonderful friendly people.. as long as you were white and had a bible close at hand..  beautiful state.. 

but an economic sh*thole led by those more concerned with fearing God and social issues than basic economic ones... so we got the hell out of there..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 19:42
^ So 'one' shouldn't choose to live in cool places like New Orleans, Memphis, Key West or Austin ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 73>