Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Blues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockdown Blues
    Posted: March 25 2020 at 09:20
So what are you doing with your lockdown life? Drinking, listening/playing music, reading, playing games, trying to be civil with your family, etc.

We are painting the inside of our home. Hate it, but it does get my mind off of the virus for a bit. Also, drinking a lot of stout. Thanks to the liquor store owners for staying open... so far.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 09:53
Spinning a lot of records, visiting records I had not spun in years. Going thru my collection and making sure all of it is cataloged in Discogs properly.
I'd like to buy some records but wanna leave the delivery trucks free for needed products right now.....it can wait. Watching more TV and documentaries, yesterday watched Chasing the Trane John Coltrane story.

I don't drink, trying to eat healthy but I find sitting around the house more I don't eat as much.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 09:56
^ Same here. Doing a lot of revisiting old albums too. I've also been doing a lot of "Wtf was I thinking?"  LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 10:04
"Lockdown Blues"? Is that by the old Delta blues man Robert Lockdown Jr.?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 10:55
Working from home as I used to and I've been particularly productive in my music making, although the sameness of the days, the isolation and anxiety brought my previous sleeping disorders back.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 11:16
Learning how to teach music lessons on line. I much prefer teaching in person, but I need to keep some money coming in some how.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 11:32
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Working from home as I used to and I've been particularly productive in my music making, although the sameness of the days, the isolation and anxiety brought my previous sleeping disorders back.
Yes, that's the hidden part of this virus situation that no one talks about. I hope that you can tough it out. 
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 14:02
^ Thanks! I was feeling better ever since I forced myself to go out regularly and socialize but now I had to return to my old ways.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 14:15

Hi Sam,
Sleep is tough when things like this is going on. I find myself staying up later which is not a good pattern to get into. I usually fall asleep pretty quick though, but still get up early.
Reading late at night makes me very tired.....

Take care Sam!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 15:01
^ Hi José. Yes, me too. I'll have to schedule my sleeping hours again, my subconscious lost track of time. Reading works for me up to a certain point, last night I could read a whole book without feeling tired.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:15
Working at home. I honestly don't miss the commute. I could use a more powerful laptop. But hey, I'd rather have a slow laptop than risk breathing in viral particles. While working, I've been listening to the whole discography of Taylor's Universe on Bandcamp the last couple of days. Definitely will be looking for these on CD when this all passes.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:29
I live on my own, I don't drink or go out to pubs, cafes, bars or restaurants, and I'm long-since retired, so the lockdown hasn't had too big an impact on me so far, other than no longer being able to use public transport. I can still go out for my 10-mile daily walks in the sunshine and also get my much-needed daily dose of healthy UV rays  at the same time. Smile

A healthy tan is not such a misnomer, as it's the ultraviolet light from the sun that helps boost our immune systems to fight off any unpleasant viruses which may come our way. Smile

By the way, I saw the first instance of someone wearing a full biochemical hazmat suit today, which I thought was a bit extreme, considering she wasn't out shopping, but doing some gardening at home. Nuke

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - March 25 2020 at 16:31
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:43

^ Hi José. Yes, me too. I'll have to schedule my sleeping hours again, my subconscious lost track of time. Reading works for me up to a certain point, last night I could read a whole book without feeling tired.

I'm hoping soon to come to Portugal, wife and I were all set for Lisbon for Marillion Weekend and then could not find any tickets, sold out so fast.
And now this virus thing might push intl travel out for a 1-2 yrs Cry.......Stay safe and keep spinning records!
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:54
I live alone and love it.  Luckily I can work remotely,and hopefully my employer is able to make ends meet during these times.  In the meantime I am getting out to bike for 30 mins or so at least every other day, which is challenging in March New England weather, but biking is a naturally social distancing activity and pretty good for you as well

I'm making a point of having at least one social chat a day either by phone or video.  It does help stave off some of the effects of isolation I think

Otherwise I am also catching up on prog folk team activities and enjoyed reviewing the whole of the JADE WARRIOR discography I hadn't already reviewed.  not sure which band is next.  I'm also playing onlione scrabble and trying to watch some concert DVDs I have.

One thing I think is important to cultivate in these times of great uncertainty, when the tendency is to spend a lot of futile energy just hoping for this all to be over as soon as possible, is to live for today.
If we have a roof over our head and savings and still have our health, we are lucky, and we should enjoy each day even now as well as we can.

Ever since by 22 year old cat passed in 2015 i have been fostering cats until they can find homes.  It's been great, but i found myself with none when coronavirus hit.  Luckily i believe one is coming to me in the next day or two!   It will make a big difference having that company and something else to think about besides my own plight and that of the outside world.

wishing good health to the community

Edited by kenethlevine - March 25 2020 at 16:57
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 17:14
Great discussion. Wish everyone well.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 17:21
^^^ Ah, I remember the local Prog community went nuts with the Marillion weekend. Definitely let me know if you ever come to this little corner Thumbs Up I'm doing precisely that, I'm spinning Nemo's "Coma", a damn cool double LP Cool

Edited by Meltdowner - March 25 2020 at 17:21
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 17:38
"Tu n'es pas seul" (You're not alone). It ended up being quite comforting

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 15:13
I live where I work which is basically managing a country estate with a farm, large garden, woodland, lake and parkland. I am continuing to work though some my assistants who live off the estate are not able to come in so i'm working extra time to see that everything is covered (which between March and end of June is EVERYTHING!!!) My wife (who works with me) is also looking after her elderly parents who live fairly nearby. Fresh air, lots of sunlight (UV degrades the virus quicker than anything!), trying eat well, not drink too much home made wine (difficult when it tastes sooo good!) and try not to get over-tired (we cancelled our much looked forward to holiday a couple of weeks ago and wont get another break now till after Mid July...
And occasionally listen to some favourite lps!!.. oh and I have re-started cataloging my record collection (again!) as a way of winding down before bed;)

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 18:52
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Same here. Doing a lot of revisiting old albums too. I've also been doing a lot of "Wtf was I thinking?"  LOL

Yeah, a lot of that stuff I'm revisting will go in the "exit file"LOL

why am I laughing?? Confused

CryOuch

LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 21:38

^^^ Ah, I remember the local Prog community went nuts with the Marillion weekend. Definitely let me know if you ever come to this little corner Thumbs Up I'm doing precisely that, I'm spinning Nemo's "Coma", a damn cool double LP Cool

I will let you know for sure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>