Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elds Mark for Prog Folk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elds Mark for Prog Folk
    Posted: March 28 2020 at 06:21
Hello!

Elds Mark have released an album in February 2020 on Pancromatic Records. Members of Jordsjø, mastered by Jacob Holm-Lupo of White Willow.

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 09:40
Originally posted by dauinghorn dauinghorn wrote:

Hello!

Elds Mark have released an album in February 2020 on Pancromatic Records. Members of Jordsjø, mastered by Jacob Holm-Lupo of White Willow.

works for me.  I'll bring it to the "team", aka seantrane
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 10:50
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Hello!

works for me.  I'll bring it to the "team", aka seantrane

Yup, it's in.Star

Who's doing the inclusion? Who cn write the bio?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 11:15
cool.  Perhaps the OP could write the bio here and I can add them to PA.  What does dauinghorn say to that?
dauinghorn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 12:19
I don't know how this works. I play in the band myself.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 12:24
"Elds Mark is a duo based in Østfold, Norway. They started playing together in Black Magic (Norway) and made some songs in a more folky vein which led to this new project.

Elds Mark plays their own brand of dark and mellow folk-inspired instrumental rock. The debut album was recorded autumn 2019 in Våler, Østfold, Norway. The songs try to capture the feelings of old cabins and silent mountain lakes, and should appeal to fans of Ragnarök, Landberk, Träden and Scandinavian jazz and folk music."

Something like this?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 13:15
sounds just fine, thanks!

I should add if you can list band members and guests and what they played on the album that would be great!

Edited by kenethlevine - March 28 2020 at 13:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 13:52
The credits on the record are:

R.E. Turitrøen - Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond Organ, Arp Pro Soloist, Clavinet, Mellotron and Piano
C.E. Berg - Drums, Percussion, Mellotron and Guitar
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 15:34
oops sorry, one more thing. Do you have a band picture?  Could be live, in studio or just the two of you hanging out  :)

in the meantime, here is the link.  If you do have an official home page please let me know

Edited by kenethlevine - March 28 2020 at 15:53
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 18:39

I don't know how this works. I play in the band myself.

You really gotta press CDs as well.Wink All of that vinyl hipster BS has you believe that CD don't sell anymore.
But they still move roughly 6 to 7 for 1 vinyl.

Do you really believe you can afford to pass up on that media?Confused Even Hooffoot got around to it

And in case you do press CDs, please forget the crap plastic around the disc (stupid jewel case of crummy digipak trays).... Cardboard only - possibly 13x13, instead of rectangular CD format.  Wink

++++++++++++++++++

BTW, if you guys make another album in the future, all you need is to use your forum log in to add it in the DBSmile

Edited by Sean Trane - March 28 2020 at 18:45
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 09:08
CDs are coming up!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 09:10
Here's a "band" picture, taken from the booklet:

https://blogg.deichman.no/musikk/files/2020/03/Elds-Mark-tegning.jpg
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 03:27
Skogsprog is just about the best tag I’ve seen over Bandcamp
Also fits a lot of the stuff coming out of Scandinavia these days. I entirely blame the production values up here. We tend to focus on warmth and a live-in-the-studio sound opposed to the germ-free milieu of a topnotch recording facility.
Pretty cool band and sound
Reminds me of another act from this neck of the woods (although this one comes with vocals), Barrett Elmore:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AowMlifn2uo
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 04:59
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Skogsprog is just about the best tag I’ve seen over Bandcamp
Also fits a lot of the stuff coming out of Scandinavia these days. I entirely blame the production values up here. We tend to focus on warmth and a live-in-the-studio sound opposed to the germ-free milieu of a topnotch recording facility.
Pretty cool band and sound
Reminds me of another act from this neck of the woods (although this one comes with vocals), Barrett Elmore:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AowMlifn2uo

Wow, never heard of these guys, sounds wonderful! Are they Swedish?
 Post Reply Post Reply