Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zopp #Canterbury #avant rock #experimental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zopp #Canterbury #avant rock #experimental
    Posted: March 31 2020 at 05:25
After several years we can listen to those great tracks again ! (EDIT and several others I'd never heard)

https://zopp.bandcamp.com/

Edited by jayem - March 31 2020 at 08:07
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:02
I assume by that comment you mean this is kind of retro sounding, but just to confirm this is a new release and the CD features prog luminaries such as Andy Tillison and Theo Travis, although it is mainly the work of Ryan Stevenson and Andrea Moneta.

You can listen to a sample track on Bandcamp and it is kind of retro sounding and should appeal to those who like Canterbury-ish sort of things.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:06
^ (There are tracks I'd never heard indeed but several pieces on the album had been on soundcloud and appear now with top sound treatment & playing, with the help of those master sound architects you mentioned )

Edited by jayem - March 31 2020 at 08:08
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:26
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

^ (There are tracks I'd never heard indeed but several pieces on the album had been on soundcloud and appear now with top sound treatment & playing, with the help of those master sound architects you mentioned )

Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware they'd been on Soundcloud.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:42
Actually on Bandcamp also (+ maybe other platforms?) but there was only "V" there !
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 08:51
Nice album, I'm enjoying it
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 09:28
Love the new Zopp album. Since i contacted the band for a sample to get them on PA, i get a free CD! Woohoo!

Just wanna say that this isn't just a retro album. This band knows how to take the sounds of the past and adapt them to the modern times so unlike many Canterbury acts, Zopp is actually advancing this unique style of jazz-rock.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply