FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post an obscure prog track

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MitchwithDasticks View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchwithDasticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post an obscure prog track
    Posted: May 08 2024 at 23:50
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2024 at 15:55
Been mentioned before on the forum...poor mans KIng Crimson...?  Wink

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2024 at 07:40

Gnik Nosmirc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2024 at 06:10
Not necessarily obscure...

but this Journey album is underrated and overshadowed by their later AOR stuff.

Edited by Gnik Nosmirc - May 06 2024 at 06:11
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 11:58
^
Same here.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 09:16
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Originally posted by Saperlipopette💀🎷 Saperlipopette💀🎷 wrote:

PFM-level beauty on this French obscurity. 50 listens so far:). Give it a spin:
It's really nice. It has that very specific antiquated "of its time" sound to it, which characterizes the obscure low budget 70's prog releases way more often than the well known masterpieces or even cult classics. That's my observation by the way, YMMV.

Sure yes, it adds to the charm for me. I like the specific sound of that time.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 08:45
Probe 10 - Intergalactic Crossfire

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 08:25
Originally posted by Saperlipopette💀🎷 Saperlipopette💀🎷 wrote:

It's really nice. It has that very specific antiquated "of its time" sound to it, which characterizes the obscure low budget 70's prog releases way more often than the well known masterpieces or even cult classics. That's my observation by the way, YMMV.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Gnik Nosmirc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 06:09
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 04:26
I also want to add one song from the current European scene. The Austrian band Blank Manuskript is certainly deserving of an honourable mention. The continuing project Blank Manuskript was founded in Salzburg, Austria, back in 2007. They have four full-length studio albums available on Bandcamp.

This eclectic epic progressive rock song, which is over fifteen minutes long and has the clinical name "Achluphobia" (which refers to the dread of darkness or the night), is taken from the band's 2019 album, named "Krásná Hora" after a rural settlement in Bakhmut region in Donetsk Oblast, eastern Ukraine (and means "A Beautiful Mountain" in English). The track begins with percussion and open, gentle, peaceful guitar plucking. This continues despite the fact that it progressively grows over a theme with further rebellious elements added, as well as increased volume and a focused electric guitar structure. Additionally, a tall, penetrating synthesiser chimes in. After a brief glottal halt, the guitar becomes bluesy and whips around, its concentration growing steadily until it begins to strum a disorganised melody. Bass, percussion, and acoustic guitar weave together until a brief period of time is devoted to choir voices reminiscent of a church. The piano-driven arrangement resumes, with the drummer pounding cymbals in every direction till the conclusion. 

Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 01:59

Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 01:24
The Greek band Iraklis was active from 1976 to 1984. They put out three albums, the most well-known of which was "Se Allous Kosmous," a 2-LP debut album distinguished by an ambitious synthesis of instruments and styles that don't appear to go together yet nonetheless do. This is the album's title track, an underappreciated gem from 1976.

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 09:36

This track is a cult classic in the Dwelling of Duels community but objectively it's quite obscure. Snappleman is not on PA, however I'd say the prog vibe is super strong here.

Edited by Hrychu - January 06 2024 at 09:37
— Ernest Vong
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 08:41

There you go a good one! I hope it hasn't been posted already, it's hardly listenable in my opinion. Nevertheless pretty interesting.
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2024 at 11:38
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2024 at 09:59
Lesanderd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesanderd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2024 at 03:24
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2023 at 13:20
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 12:44
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

another prog site

I have a hunch it's the one the address of which begins with "p..." and end with "...ears.org" xD

Edited by Hrychu - December 19 2023 at 12:44
— Ernest Vong
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 12:40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>