FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yesesisīs & Mortte`s Album Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yesesisīs & Mortte`s Album Thread
    Posted: June 24 2020 at 17:14
Oh well, you guys had a good run. End of thread.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 10:26
No, I don't but that's your opinion. I don't feel I ever stated anything as absolute truth or presented anything as facts. They are my opinions just like it's your opinion that those albums you listed are more adventurous than TUSOA. I haven't heard those so I won't say you are wrong but it's still your opinion since not everyone would agree. I could say the same about you though as far as presenting opinions as facts. I don't mind people correcting me or sharing their opinion but you do it in a very arrogant and disrespectful way in my opinion.So pretty much everything you say about me applies to you at least as much. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 22 2020 at 10:28
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 23:00
I think itīs time to stop this thread for me. There is now very bad vibe. If you Flowerking & Yesesis want to continue I can change the name of the thread.

Also, I think I have said quite much quite many great albums and little bit tired to continue.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 22:49
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Again, you didn't give specific examples as to how I was wrong. If the other bands were more adventurous than the United States of America just tell me specifically which ones you are referring to. I never said they were the most adventurous band just that they were very progressive and adventurous for their time. I never said that about the Zombies either. I just mentioned a few bands I was familar with. Listen, nobody can know every band. I'm sure not even you have heard every single band. So lighten up ok?

If you don't like my comments you can ignore them. No one is forcing you to respond.

Also, I don't like people using poor grammar(and obvious typos) so I guess we are even. 
Hereīs a list, I put already in that "Other side of Life" thread, that you never answered, probably not ever got interested to read as whole (have to say many of those albums are much more adventurous than TUSOA):

Here are some 1968 albums (already mentioned Red Krayola that I think is much more experimental) that I think are as experimental as United States, but lot greater (really experimental was a big part of psych music in those days, so I could put there lot more a little bit less experimental albums):
the Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland
Pink Floyd: a Saucerful Of Secrets (I believe this great album is Floydīs most underrated)
Velvet Underground: White Light/White Heat
the Mothers Of Invention: Weīre Only In It for the Money
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band: Strictly Personal
Dr. John: Gris-Gris (this was really an album that went those days into directions never heard)
the Deviants: Disposable (this really underrated great band made even more experimental debut album year before)
the Grateful Dead: the Anthem Of the Sun (really underrated album with an side long, experimental epic, experimental direction also continues in the b-side)
Vanilla Fudge: the Beat Goes On (not really the greatest album of the band, but anyway really experimental, not include any full songs, instead sound collages)
Vanilla Fudge: Renaissance (again really underrated, very dark album, kind of predoommetal album)
Iron Butterfly: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (a-side is not very experimental, but b-side with itīs sidelong epic, one of the firsts in pop music really is!)
Procol Harum: a Shine On Brightly (In Held Twas In I also almost sidelong epic with very experimental speech-parts and sound effects in it)
the Nice: Ars Longa Vita Brevis (again side long epic with experimental elements, those elements also in a-side songs)
H.P. Lovecraft: H.P. Lovecraft II (again really underrated, great and experimental album)
the Soft Machine: s/t (I donīt have to say nothing about this, everybody who has heard it known how experimental it was specially those times).

I can make same kind of list also from 1967. I believe you havenīt heard all these albums I mentioned from 1968, so I hope you will listen them and then we can continue talking about "the United States Of America"-album.

To me it seems, that youīre thinking sixties as the period, when most bands do nice little pop and popular music explodes when prog came 1969/70. Truth is that popular music explodes already 1967 and then came lots of experimentations in it. "The United States Of America" was one of the results of that explosion, not really the only one and not even near of the greatest ones.

Your big problem is that you have really strong opinions about music and you mix truth and your opinions. Also you donīt listen others and donīt seem to have any interest change your opinions. And most sad thing you donīt listen any music somebody else recommend you (at least you havenīt told me you have listened anything I have recommended you).

And I am sorry I havenīt born as English spoken so I use just poor English.

Edit: added one more thing (I hope you this time have interest to read this whole message although itīs put with my bad enklish): Yes, you canīt listen everything, but I think you must listen a certain amount of albums to say some generalizations of some decades music, also even some years music specially in 1966-79 when there happened so much. I have listened music from 1950 to this year so much that I think I can make generalizations from those decades. But not really 1930-40 music or earlier.

Edited by Mortte - June 22 2020 at 02:05
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 19:49
I'm starting to think Sulk might be the best song on that album. It and Black Star just sounded sooooo good. The ONLY songs on that album(other than the last one) that I'm not crazy about are Bullet Proof and My Iron Lung.. Other than that every song is pretty much great. 

Yeah that album is just the best imo.  
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 19:00
Alright for tonight what's the best possible album I could listen to? Well if I'm honest that would be The Bends. 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 15:03
LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 15:02
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

To Mortte, I think I mentioned that United States of America album a while ago. I like it even though it is a bit wacked. The first time I heard about it I saw it mentioned in a rock book that described it as "progressive rock." Ultimately, it's more of a psych album than anything else imo albeit a very experimental psych album. It is progressive in the sense that a lot of psych back then was progressive(ie moving forward and trying to be experimental)but I wouldn't say it's prog rock in the way that term is usually used. A lot of albums from that era don't sound like the seventies though. Only a few select artists and bands had the capital and know how to produce cutting edge sounding albums(including the Beatles). If you listen to Music from a doll's house it sounds kind of basic in some ways despite the fact it was recorded on an 8 track. Bands on major labels like the Beatles, Stones, Doors, Hendrix or whoever could afford the best equipment and technology and had an advantage over lesser known bands. 
Yeah, youīre right, the United States of America is full blooded psych album, not prog at all. Much more I think that US Genesis album goes prog direction (have you heard that?). Also I am thinking "Music In a Dollīs House" is really sixties sounding, but thatīs the part of itīs fascination (I really love those "1967" echoed, bright sounds). And I agree really many 1968 albums were much more sixties than seventies sounding, although bands have then willing to develope towards that seventies sound. But really many bands 1969 has that more seventies sounds. Here are 1968 albums I think sounds more seventies than sixties:

The Band: Music From a Big Pink
the Doors: Waiting For the Sun (this is still partly sixties sounding, for example "Hello I Love You")
the Jeff Beck Group: Truth
Cream: Wheels Of Fire
Steppenwolf: s/t & the Second
the Byrds: Sweetheart Of the Rodeo
Procol Harum: Shine On Brightly (partly again sixties sounding)
the Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland (the earliest recorded piece "Burning Of The Midnight Lamb" is really sixties sounding, although Jimi remixed it)
Traffic: s/t (some sixties sounds in some pieces)
Canned Heat: Boogie With Canned Heat & Living the Blues
the Beatles: s/t
Van Morrison: Astral Weeks
Red Krayola: God Bless the Red Krayola and All Who Sail With It
Rolling Stones: Beggarīs Banquet (also partly sixties sounding)

I don't know all of those but in general I think the Beatles and the Doors as well as Led Zeppelin set the stage for the seventies in their music. Maybe the Rolling Stones too to a lesser extent. I don't think anyone really transended the times better than the Beatles though. They don't sound like a typical sixties band(especially once they became more psychedelic). Their ideas, sound(including production)was pretty far ahead from what most were doing. I think that applies to the Doors to a great degree also. 

Music from a doll's house is from 1968 although according to wikipedia recording started on it in December of 1967. It is definitely one of the best examples of an album bridging the gap between psych and early prog(or proto prog as it's often called). Yeah, I have heard parts of the US Genesis on youtube. They were psych sounding to a great degree but the long songs and long instrumental parts put them in the proto prog boat at least imo. Song length isn't really everything though. The Zombies Oddessey and Oracle is very proto prog sounding but all the songs are pretty short(none even crack the four minute mark). However, it's the arrangements and mellotron on some of the songs which make it more adventurous than most of what other bands were doing. 
I really love "Odessey and Oracle", but I have always think it psych pop album, not proto prog album at all. Other as great psych pop albums are UK Kaleidoscopeīs two first albums, Blossom Toes "We Are Ever So Clean", the Turtles "Happy Together" (really the whole album is greater than that everybody heard title song) & "Present the Battle Of the Bands" (as a matter of fact this is concept album) & "Turtle Soup" and then also Country Joe & the Fishes two first albums.

As a common opinion I think there were lots of bands in 1966-69 doing very great music. I believe you should at least listen those 1968 very seventies sounding albums (also those great psych albums up) I listed up before saying any common opinions of the sixties bands.

I was referring to the stuff I was familiar with. Nothing wrong with that. If you can quote me saying otherwise I'll take responsibility for it. If you are referring to my comment about the Beatles I believe I am familiar enough to make that assessment. Also, if you are going to pick apart and nit pick everything I say then I'll just leave this thread to the two of you and not respond anymore. I really don't have time for it.
Hereīs put thicker what I meant. I understand it as you have listened much 1966-69 music and thinking only The Zombies (well yes Beatles, Doors & Family) were adventurous when other bands were like some Monkeys or Herman Hermits. When same time you admit you haven`t listened much sixties music. It was same with your comments about "The United States Of America", you were saying it was that times OK Computer (or was it KID A) although it really is quite typical good sixties album, not less or more.

What I donīt like is when people are talking about something they really donīt know at all. Maybe Yesesis needs your comments, but I have to say I donīt.

I don't need anyone's comments, I know more about music than anyone else in the world. I thought that was understood. 

Ok, you win son. LOL
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:57

To Mortte, I think I mentioned that United States of America album a while ago. I like it even though it is a bit wacked. The first time I heard about it I saw it mentioned in a rock book that described it as "progressive rock." Ultimately, it's more of a psych album than anything else imo albeit a very experimental psych album. It is progressive in the sense that a lot of psych back then was progressive(ie moving forward and trying to be experimental)but I wouldn't say it's prog rock in the way that term is usually used. A lot of albums from that era don't sound like the seventies though. Only a few select artists and bands had the capital and know how to produce cutting edge sounding albums(including the Beatles). If you listen to Music from a doll's house it sounds kind of basic in some ways despite the fact it was recorded on an 8 track. Bands on major labels like the Beatles, Stones, Doors, Hendrix or whoever could afford the best equipment and technology and had an advantage over lesser known bands. 
Yeah, youīre right, the United States of America is full blooded psych album, not prog at all. Much more I think that US Genesis album goes prog direction (have you heard that?). Also I am thinking "Music In a Dollīs House" is really sixties sounding, but thatīs the part of itīs fascination (I really love those "1967" echoed, bright sounds). And I agree really many 1968 albums were much more sixties than seventies sounding, although bands have then willing to develope towards that seventies sound. But really many bands 1969 has that more seventies sounds. Here are 1968 albums I think sounds more seventies than sixties:

the Doors: Waiting For the Sun (this is still partly sixties sounding, for example "Hello I Love You")
the Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland (the earliest recorded piece "Burning Of The Midnight Lamb" is really sixties sounding, although Jimi remixed it)

I don't know all of those but in general I think the Beatles and the Doors as well as Led Zeppelin set the stage for the seventies in their music. Maybe the Rolling Stones too to a lesser extent. I don't think anyone really transended the times better than the Beatles though. They don't sound like a typical sixties band(especially once they became more psychedelic). Their ideas, sound(including production)was pretty far ahead from what most were doing. I think that applies to the Doors to a great degree also. 

Music from a doll's house is from 1968 although according to wikipedia recording started on it in December of 1967. It is definitely one of the best examples of an album bridging the gap between psych and early prog(or proto prog as it's often called). Yeah, I have heard parts of the US Genesis on youtube. They were psych sounding to a great degree but the long songs and long instrumental parts put them in the proto prog boat at least imo. Song length isn't really everything though. The Zombies Oddessey and Oracle is very proto prog sounding but all the songs are pretty short(none even crack the four minute mark). However, it's the arrangements and mellotron on some of the songs which make it more adventurous than most of what other bands were doing. 
I really love "Odessey and Oracle", but I have always think it psych pop album, not proto prog album at all. Other as great psych pop albums are UK Kaleidoscopeīs two first albums, Blossom Toes "We Are Ever So Clean", the Turtles "Happy Together" (really the whole album is greater than that everybody heard title song) & "Present the Battle Of the Bands" (as a matter of fact this is concept album) & "Turtle Soup" and then also Country Joe & the Fishes two first albums.

As a common opinion I think there were lots of bands in 1966-69 doing very great music. I believe you should at least listen those 1968 very seventies sounding albums (also those great psych albums up) I listed up before saying any common opinions of the sixties bands.

I was referring to the stuff I was familiar with. Nothing wrong with that. If you can quote me saying otherwise I'll take responsibility for it. If you are referring to my comment about the Beatles I believe I am familiar enough to make that assessment. Also, if you are going to pick apart and nit pick everything I say then I'll just leave this thread to the two of you and not respond anymore. I really don't have time for it.
Hereīs put thicker what I meant. I understand it as you have listened much 1966-69 music and thinking only The Zombies (well yes Beatles, Doors & Family) were adventurous when other bands were like some Monkeys or Herman Hermits. When same time you admit you haven`t listened much sixties music. It was same with your comments about "The United States Of America", you were saying it was that times OK Computer (or was it KID A) although it really is quite typical good sixties album, not less or more.

What I donīt like is when people are talking about something they really donīt know at all. Maybe Yesesis needs your comments, but I have to say I donīt.

I don't need anyone's comments, I know more about music than anyone else in the world. I thought that was understood. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:26
Again, you didn't give specific examples as to how I was wrong. If the other bands were more adventurous than the United States of America just tell me specifically which ones you are referring to. I never said they were the most adventurous band just that they were very progressive and adventurous for their time. I never said that about the Zombies either. I just mentioned a few bands I was familar with. Listen, nobody can know every band. I'm sure not even you have heard every single band. So lighten up ok?

If you don't like my comments you can ignore them. No one is forcing you to respond.

Also, I don't like people using poor grammar(and obvious typos) so I guess we are even. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 21 2020 at 14:41
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:06

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:50

I was referring to the stuff I was familiar with. Nothing wrong with that. If you can quote me saying otherwise I'll take responsibility for it. If you are referring to my comment about the Beatles I believe I am familiar enough to make that assessment. However, if you disagree at least make a counter argument to prove your point and give specific examples(ie the Red Krayola are more seventies sounding than the Doors, Beatles etc because........". 

Regardless, if you are going to continue to nitpick and pick apart everything I say then maybe I should just not comment in this thread anymore and just leave it to you two to have your own personal discussion(which is how it has been for the most part anyway). 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 21 2020 at 14:04
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:47

That's right son. 

Son? Tongue
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:35
4 summer Sundayīs albums:
Willie Nelson: Willie And Family Live
I started to listen Nelsonīs albums chronologically years ago. I think latest album before this I listened over a month ago. I hope I have listened his discography through before I die Smile, because there are quite many left. Anyway this was a great day starter! Really positive feeling all through this double! After Jimmie Rodgers & Hank Williams I think Johnny Cash & Willie are the greatest country singers, like really much both voices. Liked all the songs, but faves were "Whiskey River", "Red Headed Stranger Medley", "Under the Double Eagle", "Bloody Mary Morning", "Iīm a Memory", "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" (really great fast version from this evergreen), "Amazing Grace", "Take This Job & Shove It" (heard before only Dead Kennedys version, this original country version was as great), "a Song For You" and of course "Georgia On My Mind".

Pekka Airaksinen: Other Power
Made an review from this in PA, great compilation.

Yes: Talk
This album has lot in common with 90125 and Big Generator, although not rise in the level of those album. Line-up is the same. I believe Steve Howe had been little hurt, when record company man asked all the other Yes-men except him & Bruford to make a record to his new label. Anyway I like this album more than Union, mostly because although Rabin made in this almost as bombastic sounds as all his productions, there still has come something from the nineties more organic sounds. Anyway A-side is full of pop songs and really "I am Waiting" & "Real Love" are too long when there is nothing happening in those songs. But B-side is really proggy, specially long piece Endless Dream has really great melodies and rises my top20 Yes favorites. All the way I think "Open Your Eyes" better album although it has lesser prog than this, just because this albums a-sides pop songs are not as good as the pop songs in "Open".

Jefferson Airplane: Crown Of Creation
Another really good psych rock album from 1968! Although I really like their two earlier albums, I think this is best from their four first albums (just noticed there has come "Volunteers" in 1969 that I hasnīt yet heard). I think in this album they really mature as a band, their playing is much more tighter, also really love beautiful sad melodies in this album. Both sides ends quite experimental pieces, "Chushingura" is really short when "the House At Pooneil Corners" lasts almost 7 minutes and has some proto-prog nature. I believe there was a willing to do even more experimental stuff, because in CD bonus there is even piece where is Zappa and his band as a quest, but I guess record company wanted more ordinary album.

Edited by Mortte - June 21 2020 at 13:39
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:06

Caravan, Magma, Yes, Genesis, Can, Gong, Jethro Tull, Spooky Tooth, 
These are the bands I really love and all goes over your top 5 (well not Spooky Tooth and maybe even Gong go over Beatles).

Anyway my top5 is at the moment:
1. P J Harvey
2. Wigwam
3. Pink Floyd
4. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
5. Sonic Youth

after those come for example King Crimson, Dr. John, the Birthday Party, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, Jethro, Rolling Stones, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Faust, Family, Traffic, Comus, the Ventures, the Velvet Underground, the Red Krayola, Pere Ubu, Harry Partch, the Pop Group, the Stooges, the Raincoats, Eddie Cochran, John Lee Hooker, Howlin Wolf, Little Richard etc.

And my top 5 albums are:
1. Wigwam: Fairyport
2. John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey: Dance Hall at the Louse Point
3. Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother
4. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band: Trout Mask Replica
5. Sonic Youth: Sister

What are yours?

5 favorite albums.. that's a tough one, there's so many albums! I guess off the top of my head right now:
1. Steely Dan: Countdown to Ecstasy 
2. Radio Head: The Bends 
3. Kiss: Alive! 
4. Wishbone Ash: New England 
5. Caravan: For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night
Well, we really have very different tastes! Caravan is the only band from those which album I can even thing to go into my top5. But, thatīs only a good thing, always thought really boring if people were just the same!

BTW never understood Kiss. Not the most worst band in the world, but their music has sounded always to me more as humor thing. Itīs same as Spinal Tap to me. And I know itīs really big also for many others as you. But, itīs just, you canīt understand everything (probably there are many artists I love you canīt understand at all).

Yeah that's a good way to put it. I was a HUGE Kiss fan as a kid. Not as much now, but still when I really want to rock out.. they're definitely who I reach for. 
Somehow from Kiss came "the Sweet" in my mind. I think we havenīt talked about it, do you like that band? Hereīs album from them from my early childhood that I still love:

Alright, sometime soon I'll check that album out. I've obviously heard some songs from them like Little Willy, Ballroom Blitz, Fox on the Run, etc. But never listened to a whole album though. 
Fox On the Run is closest to that album, although itīs much more pop. There is really surprisingly great hard rock that I think beats Kiss anytime.

lmao. Let me know when the Sweet has as many fans as Kiss does. 
Just heard from the news Australian Tones & I "Dance Monkey" is the most popular song in spotify (I believe sheīs more popular than Kiss at the moment). Still I donīt find her great.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 12:28

These are the bands I really love and all goes over your top 5 (well not Spooky Tooth and maybe even Gong go over Beatles).

1. P J Harvey
2. Wigwam
3. Pink Floyd
5. Sonic Youth

after those come for example King Crimson, Dr. John, the Birthday Party, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, Jethro, Rolling Stones, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Faust, Family, Traffic, Comus, the Ventures, the Velvet Underground, the Red Krayola, Pere Ubu, Harry Partch, the Pop Group, the Stooges, the Raincoats, Eddie Cochran, John Lee Hooker, Howlin Wolf, Little Richard etc.

And my top 5 albums are:

What are yours?

5 favorite albums.. that's a tough one, there's so many albums! I guess off the top of my head right now:
Well, we really have very different tastes! Caravan is the only band from those which album I can even thing to go into my top5. But, thatīs only a good thing, always thought really boring if people were just the same!

BTW never understood Kiss. Not the most worst band in the world, but their music has sounded always to me more as humor thing. Itīs same as Spinal Tap to me. And I know itīs really big also for many others as you. But, itīs just, you canīt understand everything (probably there are many artists I love you canīt understand at all).

Yeah that's a good way to put it. I was a HUGE Kiss fan as a kid. Not as much now, but still when I really want to rock out.. they're definitely who I reach for. 
Somehow from Kiss came "the Sweet" in my mind. I think we havenīt talked about it, do you like that band? Hereīs album from them from my early childhood that I still love:

Alright, sometime soon I'll check that album out. I've obviously heard some songs from them like Little Willy, Ballroom Blitz, Fox on the Run, etc. But never listened to a whole album though. 
Fox On the Run is closest to that album, although itīs much more pop. There is really surprisingly great hard rock that I think beats Kiss anytime.

lmao. Let me know when the Sweet has as many fans as Kiss does. 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 12:27

That's right son. 
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:24

Edited by Mortte - June 21 2020 at 13:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 09:01

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2020 at 22:54

1. P J Harvey
2. Wigwam
3. Pink Floyd
5. Sonic Youth

And my top 5 albums are:

What are yours?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>