Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ratings and reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ratings and reviews
    Posted: April 28 2020 at 11:20
I have a question regarding giving albums ratings. If you just give an album a rating without writing a review can you later write a review for that same album and if you do will it bump up the rating for that album? Or once you rate it it's done and you can't rate it again even if you decide to later write a review of the same album. Sorry if this has been mentioned here before. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 28 2020 at 11:21
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2020 at 11:27
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I have a question regarding giving albums ratings. If you just give an album a rating without writing a review can you later write a review for that same album and if you do will it bump up the rating for that album? Or once you rate it it's done and you can't rate it again even if you decide to later write a review of the same album. Sorry if this has been mentioned here before. 

The answer is YES! However once you rate it you will have to go to your list where you can edit  your albums, find the album and then add review there. It does bump up overall score.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2020 at 11:30
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

The answer is YES! However once you rate it you will have to go to your list where you can edit  your albums, find the album and then add review there. It does bump up overall score.

Thanks. Eventually I want to do mostly(if not all) reviews but I figure I could at least start out with just ratings. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 28 2020 at 11:31
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 00:19
I’m not sure that your review will feature on the frontpage if you’re just editing it into an already existing rating.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 00:46
I wish there was the option to delete a rating completely. I'm not as articulate as many other reviews but I love writing a review and seeing it appear on the front page. A lot of times i'll rate something and go back months later to leave a review and its not quite as fun knowing very few will ever actually see it. I try to read most of the reviews that appear on the home page or Progarchives over the course of a day and i'm sure many people here are the same way. Just kinda rambling 
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 07:18
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I’m not sure that your review will feature on the frontpage if you’re just editing it into an already existing rating.

No, that's not what I meant. I was talking about adding a review to an already existing rating.
 Post Reply Post Reply