Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rush remasters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Can you hear much of a difference ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
10 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 13:33
Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by noni noni wrote:

Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

I upgraded all my Rush CD's to the remastered versions I'm still not convinced I did the right thing, I'll be honest I can't pick much of a difference... what do you think ? Tongue

Does Geddy's voice change on the remasters.  LOL.......Not a fan of Rush because of Geddy.  

Are you a fan of Triumph? Santers?
Though the Question is not for me it just so Happens I am a fan of Triumph as well as Rush ... and I do like Geddy Lee's  Vocals very much, He's so talented Tongue 

Great!! Clap
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 06:55
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

This is all good to know.  I recently sold my Rush vinyls (out of necessity unfortunately), but am now able to start getting them all back as I find them.  The only remaster I have got so far is "Presto", which is the first time I've owned it on vinyl, and it definitely sounds better than the older CD version.  I did manage to keep the original "Rush Archives" on vinyl (which most know are their first 3 albums in one package), but I will probably end up with all of the vinyls again eventually, and if there really isn't that much difference, if I find a used one in excellent shape, I won't hold out for the remaster.
I'd go as far as saying that the remastered versions sound more tinny and don't enhance Geddy's bass playing at all. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12