16 [18.82%]
52 [61.18%]
6 [7.06%]
11 [12.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Genre Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 08:17
The Lamb because it has more synth solos
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 09:31
The Lamb by far.
OK, the story is absurd and there's too much filler. And the theme's American, and I'm no fan of the relevant parts of US culture. It would have made an excellent single album.
IQ's Subterranea has some ideas in common but was executed far better.
But as for The Wall; apart from Comfortably Numb, it's dross.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 10:36
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

The Lamb by far.
OK, the story is absurd and there's too much filler. And the theme's American, and I'm no fan of the relevant parts of US culture. It would have made an excellent single album.
IQ's Subterranea has some ideas in common but was executed far better.
But as for The Wall; apart from Comfortably Numb, it's dross.

Your IQ comment makes sense.  Your Wall comment doesn't: CN is a highlight, but there are many others....
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 11:11
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

The main difference between the two albums, for me, is that the Lamb has some of Genesis' finest music, and the Wall has some of Floyd's worst. That doesn't mean I don't rate The Wall. It's a great album, but in relative terms, compared to Animals, WYWH and DSOTM, and perhaps even Meddle, it is weak. It's also less progressive in terms of the bands style, whereas with the Lamb, the band were still arguably on the ascendancy. But then, Trick is my favourite Genesis album, so I would say that..
I think the Wall is as whole much better than WYWH. And the weakest music of Floyd is in AMLOR, although I donīt say it bad, because Floyd hasnīt made an bad album (only really bad music is in Gilmourīs solo albums, specially the second one, also quite much into Zee & Masonīs collaboration albums (not including Fictitious Sports). Also I am not the biggest fan of Radio K.A.O.S.

I certainly agree about AMLOR, but I'd say Final Cut is even worse. It's a painful listen. AMLOR is just a bit boring. IMO.
Itīs not long ago I listened Final Cut after long time, I liked it much more than before! Now I think it is some kind of "Poor manīs The Wall", but not in negative mind. Really I think itīs better than Momentary.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 11:56
Definitely The Wall
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 12:38
Definitely The Lamb
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 22:55
I answered neither. Both are a mixture of the brilliant and the pedestrian. Neither are bad. Both 3 star albums to me.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2020 at 17:08
The Wall, very easily. Actually, I think both are very similar, not only because they are both double albums with a story, but because both come after only doing single albums, and both have shorter more traditional songs compared to the longer and more instrumental ones from their previous albums... and for me, both albums suffer because of that, and both are nowhere near my favourites from both bands. However, I really don't find so much to enjoy from the Lamb, while I do feel that The Wall is a great piece of rock, it's only that what Floyd did before was so much better still.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 07:05
The Lamb though The Wall has a movie which the Lamb lacks.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Scorpius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 14:41
Though they cover completely different topics, the wall has always provided more of an emotional impact on me whereas I am more interested in the story and concept of the Lamb.
My vote goes for the wall today but that could honestly change on the flip of a coin, both are great records that provide the listener with different yet equally thought-provoking concepts and ideas. (Walls got less filler, too! Wink)
The most dangerous man in America.
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 15:26
I love both, but voted for Lamb. But...

I made the huge mistake of watching for the first time in my life the YouTube footage of The Wall Live at Earl's Court after voting

Can I change my vote?
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 16:51
hmm both monumental yet both flawed. I voted equal, though my preference is probably slightly towards Lamb because I prefer lyrical obliqueness
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 15:43
The Lamb !!!
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 15:52
The Lamb!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2020 at 16:17
I love both, but voted for Lamb
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2020 at 19:53
The Lamb is the greatest prog album ever Wink
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123