Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avant Occult Black/Death Metal Titles II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avant Occult Black/Death Metal Titles II
    Posted: June 08 2020 at 02:19
Intestinal Pus Party
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 13:01
Gang Gereen Licks His Amputated Arsenal
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 13:59
Caution:
Roughly one year ago a 
forum announcement was posted to the Just For Fun sub-forum regarding the expectation that, as the announcement was titled, "The Site Rules and Guidelines Apply in All Forums". Let there be no ambiguity that the announcement pertained to the previous thread of the same name as this. A review of that thread determined that the friendly reminder went largely ignored with regard to the forum guideline for vulgarity, which resulted in the thread being locked. The satirical nature of the thread is understood, but will not be accepted as an excuse to attempt to invoke humor out of sexual violence. 

This will be the only general warning. Further violations will be dealt with on an individual basis.

Edited by Tapfret - June 08 2020 at 14:02
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 14:35
^ Perhaps saying these things out loud instead of just posting a weird "reminder" at the top of the entire JFF section would be more helpful? I remember this was even brought up somewhere (probably the Shred room) and no one knew anything about it so it just disappeared into general white noise background. 

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 15:42
Not sure what was weird about Greg's reminder. He is a very diplomatic gentleman who tried to present the concerns in the thoughtful context of keeping the site family friendly or not-NSFW, without singling out individuals or groups. So maybe not super direct, but posted as an "announcement" I don't think it was an unreasonable expectation that it would fade into white noise so quickly. Anyway, I will do what I can to be more direct.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 16:05
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Not sure what was weird about Greg's reminder. He is a very diplomatic gentleman who tried to present the concerns in the thoughtful context of keeping the site family friendly or not-NSFW, without singling out individuals or groups. So maybe not super direct, but posted as an "announcement" I don't think it was an unreasonable expectation that it would fade into white noise so quickly. Anyway, I will do what I can to be more direct.

Well it would have helped to know what thread was in violation and what words or phrases crossed the line. Something what like you did just now (by posting directly in the thread) would have been more helpful even if it was just the same message that Greg posted. Just getting a general message posted at the top of the whole section with zero announcement that that "warning" was even posted doesn't really help anyone know what the issues are and how to stop them. Specifics over vagueness is always good in these matters, and those specifics don't have to call out anyone or any group publicly to make it obviously to the whole what the issues are. 

But this is obviously IMO and perhaps I'm just dense in these sorts of matters. 

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 17:24
Fair enough: So no more rape or sexual mutilation references. And try to keep the blasphemy under a level that would subject PA to any crusades, jihads, or other bellum sacrum.

Re: the topic
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Intestinal Pus Party

You would be amazed how much of that I actually encountered this weekend. Its funny being an old metal head who became a medical professional how many bands and song titles are just plain old medical terms. Its hard to be grossed out anymore. Bands seem more focused on the anatomic and pathophysiologic stuff when there is a whole world of actual medical devices and procedure that would be great band names.

Bone Fusion Dowel
Endolymphatic Shunt
Rigid Rod Prosthesis
Suprapubic Catheter
Thoracic Spreader
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (how cool would that be in one of those unreadable metal fonts?)
Intraosseous Wire
Bone Nail
Bone Void Filler
Inflatable Skin Expander
Alloplastic Spermatocele
Fecal Management System
or Rectal Tube...if you prefer.

Edited by Tapfret - June 08 2020 at 17:25
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 17:54
Phaolrym (like a twisted form of "foul rhyme")

It was one of my many nicknames, but seems better for a black metal band title.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 20:41

Fair enough: So no more rape or sexual mutilation references. And try to keep the blasphemy under a level that would subject PA to any crusades, jihads, or other bellum sacrum.

Re: the topic

Intestinal Pus Party

You would be amazed how much of that I actually encountered this weekend. Its funny being an old metal head who became a medical professional how many bands and song titles are just plain old medical terms. Its hard to be grossed out anymore. Bands seem more focused on the anatomic and pathophysiologic stuff when there is a whole world of actual medical devices and procedure that would be great band names.

Bone Fusion Dowel
Endolymphatic Shunt
Rigid Rod Prosthesis
Suprapubic Catheter
Thoracic Spreader
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (how cool would that be in one of those unreadable metal fonts?)
Intraosseous Wire
Bone Nail
Bone Void Filler
Inflatable Skin Expander
Alloplastic Spermatocele
Fecal Management System
or Rectal Tube...if you prefer.

Thank you, and noted. 

And true. I suppose body horror is a good trope to mine especially for something like Grindcore. And having big fancy uncommon and/or unpronounceable words is almost like a level of 'cool' for various metal circles. And those are some good band names in there...I especially like Alloplastic Spermatocele, Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Rectal Tube, and Endolymphatic Shunt. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 02:52
Guttural Facrination    

Edited by Man With Hat - June 09 2020 at 02:53
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 13:01

Well it would have helped to know what thread was in violation and what words or phrases crossed the line. Something what like you did just now (by posting directly in the thread) would have been more helpful even if it was just the same message that Greg posted. Just getting a general message posted at the top of the whole section with zero announcement that that "warning" was even posted doesn't really help anyone know what the issues are and how to stop them. Specifics over vagueness is always good in these matters, and those specifics don't have to call out anyone or any group publicly to make it obviously to the whole what the issues are. 

My rule is, (and I try to keep it although I sometimes stray a bit) Don't post anything that would make my wife or son think I was a total tool.

'CLICK'

Brain to finger filters are now active in all modes.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 18:13
Does the above apply to comments about Uranus? 

(later that same day >>>> Ouch)

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 02:36
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

My rule is, (and I try to keep it although I sometimes stray a bit) Don't post anything that would make my wife or son think I was a total tool.

'CLICK'

Brain to finger filters are now active in all modes.

I know for a fact your wife will think I'm a tool regardless.

Tongue

But...I guess being I don't think the typical dirty words/concepts should have a stigma attached to them (in normal life, not speaking specifically for this board) I'm pretty free with the things that I say. (People in real life that know me fully expect that I can be overtly sexual or blasphemous or whatever if certain conditions call for it.) I guess I've thought this for so long it's all become normal for me.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 02:37
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

I think we can all agree that Uranus is a topic that we all can discuss freely and with joy, comfortable in the fact that we are spreading SCIENCE! to one and all. Big smile
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 02:41
Autosarcophagy
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 08:28

I think we can all agree that Uranus is a topic that we all can discuss freely and with joy, comfortable in the fact that we are spreading SCIENCE! to one and all. Big smile
As long as that's ALL we're spreading. Dead
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2020 at 02:36
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

As long as that's ALL we're spreading. Dead

What people do in the privacy of their own home is none of my business. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2020 at 02:43
Heathen Scum 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2020 at 14:22
A Virus With No Home
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2020 at 02:32
Haxalexicon Propelmoxilon Feverent 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>