Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it legal/kosher to have multiple accounts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it legal/kosher to have multiple accounts?
    Posted: June 15 2020 at 12:27
Hey, I was just looking at the ratings breakdown of THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE's Mother's Rhymes when I happened to notice three ratings from the same person using three different accounts: one Alain Succo from Lyon, France. Is this legal (i.e. in line with PA rules and guidelines?) 

In order to perhaps save you some time, I'll try uploading the two screen shots I took of all three of his accounts ratings lists at once:

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 12:32
Also, I noticed that Alain's last visits are listed as "8/22/2015", "2/20/2015", and "9/4/2017" and yet Mother's Rhymes, which Alain rated three stars on all three of his accounts, was a 2019 release. How does that work? 

Just seeking clarity. Thanks.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 12:32
Ummmm...let me think about it.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Will sort it out. 

Thanks Drew.

Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Also, I noticed that Alain's last visits are listed as "8/22/2015", "2/20/2015", and "9/4/2017" and yet Mother's Rhymes, which Alain rated three stars on all three of his accounts, was a 2019 release. How does that work? 

...and some ratings on 2020 releases like Pattern Seeking Animals.

Interesting. I've noticed some peculiar time stamp issues with other users as well. Can't say I have an easy answer to that.

Edited by Tapfret - June 15 2020 at 12:38
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:03
What is really bizarre about him is he gives different ratings to the same album. 
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:05
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Also, I noticed that Alain's last visits are listed as "8/22/2015", "2/20/2015", and "9/4/2017" and yet Mother's Rhymes, which Alain rated three stars on all three of his accounts, was a 2019 release. How does that work? 

...and some ratings on 2020 releases like Pattern Seeking Animals.

Interesting. I've noticed some peculiar time stamp issues with other users as well. Can't say I have an easy answer to that.

Well, I think I have an easy answer: the date shown is for the last visit on the forum, not on the main site or for album ratings.

I agree this is confusing, but it's the answer anyway... Wink

But now, next question: why does this Alain Succa use 3 accounts? His ratings seems legit and "varied" I would say...
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:19
^Having more than one account is strictly forbidden. Particularly when they are used to give ratings. Varied or not.

Accounts suspended and ratings removed.

The date question: it has always been my understanding that the forum date and site date are independent. Does not appear to be the case.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:30
^ That's why I'm wondering why...

What's his motive?

OK, maybe we don't want to know... and maybe I watch too much detective TV shows. Ermm
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:34
^I thought it might be to deflect any suspicion of a role in 9/11. But my sleuthing determined he is from France, so its probably more to do with the Lindbergh baby.  
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 13:59
I'm gonna get you succa! 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:08
pfff.. amateurs... they could learn a lesson or two from the master of multiple accounts...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:10
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

pfff.. amateurs... they could learn a lesson or two from the master of multiple accounts...
Svetonio?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:13
yeah.. .. him. LOL  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:22
Wallace
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:24
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

yeah.. .. him. LOL  

There was also that "pwog" guy who used to talk about bins at British resellers.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:30
and there is that banned Canadian hard core right winger that pops up every once in awhile and always blows his cover when he talks politics in the thread. He's had so many ID's he might just rival our favorite Milosevic apologist for shear number of forum ID's he's had.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:33
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Wallace

Wallace, the "pwog" dude. He and Svetonio, what a pair of d-bags.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 14:36
oh yeah.. Wallace really was a piece of sh*t.. Svetty was more comical.. more a toy for us to play with..
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 02:37
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Wallace

Wallace, the "pwog" dude. He and Svetonio, what a pair of d-bags.

There is a difference: Wallace / Knobby / Wallace_the_Lad / jacksiedanny / Lafayette Assburn / jamy / [some more?] was a serial multiple account user, who signed up again some time after his last suspension, while Svet / Komandant Shamal / ??? had parallel accounts.
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 18:31
I think they were double clicking on that Led Zeppelin poll ... for Physical Graffiti.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2020 at 20:08
^that would be a neat trick since the last time any of those profiles had visited the forum was 2017.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>