Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's/are the scariest movie(s) that you watched?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's/are the scariest movie(s) that you watched?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 18:43
As for me, Batman (1989) was the movie that scared me most, as I was very small and it was the first movie that I watched in a movie theatre. And it was a gothic-like building, which added to the creepy atmosphere.

When I was at university, I went to see a UK horror movie, and it was the last day of the film in that theatre. I was the only person inside the cinema throughout the film, and there was a guy coming in and out from behind a curtain, once he swept a part of the floor, then later he just entered and stared at me and went back behind the curtain. It was a spooky experience, if not directly related to the movie, haha. But I was an adult, so it was, I can say, a fun type of a thrilling experience.

One of my memories not directly related to the movies was, I was alone at home and I was quite a small child. I was watching a horror movie, as usual. It was night time. Suddenly there came a noise like someone threw a stone to one of our windows. I was scared, because no person can enter that part of the exterior of our house in normal cases. I was like "oh, okay" and then another sound, and then another. I thought some psycho somehow entered inside and was trying to scare me. I nerved myself, and turned on the lights and opened the curtains. There was nothing and no one to be seen. I stopped watching the movie and just waited in anxiety but also with a wild courage to encounter whoever (or whatever) was doing that. There came the same sound, and I ran to the window and opened the curtain immediately, only to see that it is a giant grasshopper. Hahah. I was relieved beyond measure.

Other than those, the Italian movie il Nido del Nagro gave me some serious creeps, and did a "FATALITY" with its ending. I guess I'm not giving any spoilers here, it was just NOT one of the kinds of horror movie endings that I was used to. I'm surprised that it is a very little known movie. I watched it in the early 90s, I guess, via VHS cassette (rental).

ZZ

Nightmare City (Incubo sulla cittą contaminata) This movie also scared me when I was little. Again with a twisted ending for me, haha. It triggered my imagination, and my imagined stuff became even scarier than the movie. "What would I do if such a thing happened in real life?". Haha, believe me I gave this lots of thoughts, most of which are devious.

One other was a part from Necronomicon (1993), it was the part of the movie that Brian Yuzna directed. I was sleepy and it made me wide awake like thousands of insomniacs, hahah.

Probably the "moment" that I was scared most was not because the movie was scary, but I was thinking that I was watching a romantic film. While I was zapping, I saw a movie in one of the local TV channels of my city. There was a couple, drinking wine at a table. They got up and walked towards a swimming pool. But there was no hint that it was a horror film. Then, the lady pushed her lover into the pool, and it was still not suspicious. It seemed like they were just flirting. Then, the guy didn't come to the surface. It might have hinted something for some other people, but still I thought that it was just a joke made by the man. Then there appeared some bubbles and the lady became anxious a little. She was shouting into the pool like, "oh darling, this is not funny,". Then the camera zoomed into the pool and the water was cloudy. Just as I was beginning to wonder if something unexpected would happen, there jumped a horrid creature out of the pool and snatched the woman and dragged her into the pool. I must have been as white as a marble out of fear, hahah. I'm pretty sure that if I had known it was a horror movie, I'd not have been scared at all. Also, it was 8 pm. or something, so again I wasn't expecting to see anything scary at that time. But it was a local broadcast, so they were not that careful about what they showed to the folks, and didn't have to be in legal terms, given that the government couldn't have dealt with every TV channel in Turkey; they could only handle the situation for the nationwide broadcasts. 

From another "local" TV broadcast, I was again zapping and came across a scene where a boy was telling his mom that there's a creature inside the wardrobe. His mommy was telling him that there are nothing as "creatures", and she came in front of the wardrobe and opened it. I was ready for a horror movie, or at least, I was neutral and was not thinking that it was not a horror movie like the previous event I mentioned; but the creature that is inside the wardrobe was REALLY scary. A perfect make-up, yellow teeth etc. and a really scary grin. Imagine the yellow teeth guy from The Shawshank Redemption, and multiply it by ten. I have no idea what these movies are, but I heartily thank(!) to the people that decided to put these movies on their channels, hahah.

I was gladly not too small while watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If I had watched it before, the results could have been disastrous, hahah. 

Pennywise creature was also pretty scary, gladly I saw a scene from the IT mini-series while there were lots of relatives in the house. If I had been alone then, I might have been scared as hell. 

Lastly, The Return of the Living Dead was also pretty scary for me. I was again very small while watching it, and it was aired at 4 or 5 am or something. After many hours of delay (was said to be aired at 10 pm, haha). Me and my brother... We were horror enthusiasts and really waited till that hour for the movie. I can claim that we might be the only people who waited for that movie till that time, as there was a very good chance that it might have been cancelled, we just "believed" that we were gonna see it, and gladly it happened. The funny thing was that, I had a very important exam that day (private teaching institution, but it was an important exam anyways) and I had to attend it without sleep, hahah. I'm talking about primary school years here.

Do you have scary movies to tell and/or stories to share?

Edited by Shadowyzard - August 12 2020 at 20:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345