Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

king crimson ( in the wake of the poseidon)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 18:07
I stopped listening to critics ,some things like this album is a matter of personal taste.i put off buying the album for years, because of the reviews, same with LIZARD, but one time a brought a earlier bootleg live cd ,the sound was just awful. LIZARD altough no masterpiece as far as im concerned, was not all that bad at all grant
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 16:32
Starts off promisingly, as Pictures Of A City could definitely hold its own against its companion piece on ITCOTCK but I can not say the same of the other songs on side 1. Side 2 more than makes up for it though: "Cat Food" and especially "The Devil's Triangle" are daring tours-de-force that helped push the band's boundaries in its early days and proved that they wouldn't be content with just banking on past successes and remaining in one established niche (both tracks are also standout moments for the recently deceased Keith Tippett). "Groon" is great too; shame that it didn't make the original cut. Not a perfect album but I still like it a lot, a solid 4 out of 5 from me.
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 15:37
A lot of the critics of this album find it a almost a mirror, COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING ,upon the 40th anniversary edition series ,i now realize what a gem of album it was, not a retread of court, altough there are similarities in sounds but they are many stand alone original songs, PEACE- A BEGINNING ,CATFOOD the epic THE DEVIL,S TRIANGLE(PARTS 1,2 and 3) the bonus b -side GROON is included very jazzy workout, the solo PEACE - A THEME robert fripp fingerpicking is amazing.My favorite track is CADENCE AND CASCADE. Hopefully my brief overview can give kc fans a second look ,what a brillant album it was thanks for taking the time to read grant.

Edited by grantman - September 08 2020 at 17:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12