Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

king crimson ( in the wake of the poseidon)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 10:42
The title track is my all time favorite symphonic prog song and the mellotron is fantastic. I like Cadence And Cascade much better than I Talk To The Wind from ItCotCK. The rest of the album is very good and I love Keith Tippet's jazzy piano on Cat Food. Considering it contained a mish mash of musicians and no Ian McDonald, I don't think that it could have turned out better.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 13:14
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

^ I actually have kind of come around to Beat, I think its a pretty decent album even if it doesn't reach great peaks. TCOL can be a headache, but there's some really solid tracks in the mix &  I can appreciate what they were going for and how it stands as a very unique album. I think Wake goes against what the band has come to stand for and that is always progressing and pushing themselves to sound different album to album (which is something I think any good prog artist does). For the time it was released it was still bold, but to me it feels kinda incomplete and I attribute that to pretty much every member besides Fripp having one foot out the door.

As a side note, I actually think The Power to Believe is in the upper echelon of their albums, and I think its their most well produced album.

The Power to Believe is a great album indeed, and I think it's actually very well received by fans.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 15:59
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

The title track is my all time favorite symphonic prog song and the mellotron is fantastic. I like Cadence And Cascade much better than I Talk To The Wind from ItCotCK. The rest of the album is very good and I love Keith Tippet's jazzy piano on Cat Food. Considering it contained a mish mash of musicians and no Ian McDonald, I don't think that it could have turned out better.

At least someone’s on the right track
Crimson got it right here

Edited by dr prog - September 15 2020 at 15:59
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12