Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes - Big Generator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: What do you think of this album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [12.96%]
6 [11.11%]
2 [3.70%]
12 [22.22%]
4 [7.41%]
13 [24.07%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [16.67%]
1 [1.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes - Big Generator
    Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:04
just for the fun of it...
vote and discuss Smile
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:11
A disappointment after 90125 and also the worst album of Yes, although I can't vote twice, so I went for the first option. Smile

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:20
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

A disappointment after 90125 and also the worst album of Yes, although I can't vote twice, so I went for the first option. Smile

ConfusedOuch Never thought you`d ever not like any Yes Album...I really enjoy it 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:15

No way! LOL That's Talk. (Or maybe Fly From Here.)

Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:22
I find it amazing that a band that could produce masterpieces like The Yes Album and Relayer could then produce an utter train wreck like Big Generator.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:29
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

No way! LOL That's Talk. (Or maybe Fly From Here.)
Although I rate Big Generator as the worst Yes album, I still listen to it occasionally.

By the way, Talk and Fly from Here are two of my favourite Yes albums. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:36
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I find it amazing that a band that could produce masterpieces like The Yes Album and Relayer could then produce an utter train wreck like Big Generator.

I've seen worse in the 80s - Genesis' Abacab & Invisible Touch, Renaissance in the 80s was much worse, Moody Blues was too poppy, Jethro Tull did Under Wraps, Germans Jane and Grobschnitt were unrecognizably bad, to put it gently and so on. 

I've always liked Big Generator. Not as good as 90125, but enjoyable. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:52
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I've seen worse in the 80s - Genesis' Abacab & Invisible Touch, Renaissance in the 80s was much worse, Moody Blues was too poppy, Jethro Tull did Under Wraps, Germans Jane and Grobschnitt were unrecognizably bad, to put it gently and so on. 

I've always liked Big Generator. Not as good as 90125, but enjoyable. 
I'm definitely in agreement with you about the low point of Genesis' Abacab & Invisible Touch albums, and Renaissance were probably worse than Genesis in the 80's too. Smile 
Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neu!mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 15:59
Option eight: godawful album, nothing to discuss.
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:00
Very underrated album. BG was the first tour I saw for them so it's a bit special for me for that reason if no other. Option number one for me. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 13 2020 at 16:01
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:03

Why on earth would you vote for the first option if you hate it and think it's the worst Yes album? That's makes no sense. Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:29
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Why on earth would you vote for the first option if you hate it and think it's the worst Yes album? That's makes no sense. Confused
I don't hate the Big Generator album. The worst Yes album is still better than the best Marillion album. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:30

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I don't hate the Big Generator album. The worst Yes album is still better than the best Marillion album. Smile

now you are just trying to provoke me. 

I also believe you're talking from ignorance. 
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:48

I don't hate the Big Generator album. The worst Yes album is still better than the best Marillion album.
You and Cristi bicker like an old married couple.

I like BG. Solid album.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:54
slightly better than 90125---but still not essential---and Open your Eyes is easily the worse Yes album as it isn't Yes its a Sherwood concoction 
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:56
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

slightly better than 90125---but still not essential---and Open your Eyes is easily the worse Yes album as it isn't Yes its a Sherwood concoction 

You may be right. Trevor left after Talk.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 16:57
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

that's a unique opinion. Clap

I agree Open Your Eyes is their worst. 
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 19:07
Not bad, but not good either. It has its moments.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 19:59
I enjoy to listen to it from time to time. Not among my favorites, but is ok.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 20:37
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I don't hate the Big Generator album. The worst Yes album is still better than the best Marillion album.
You and Cristi bicker like an old married couple.

Cristi and I are more like The Odd Couple, than an old married couple, according to Logan. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>