Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interactive poll 41b - Welcome to the machines!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll 41b - Welcome to the machines!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Poll Question: Three favourites please!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [15.15%]
5 [15.15%]
2 [6.06%]
3 [9.09%]
1 [3.03%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.06%]
3 [9.09%]
3 [9.09%]
5 [15.15%]
1 [3.03%]
2 [6.06%]
1 [3.03%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 04:53
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Endorphin is too smooth and nice for my taste.

Endorphin - Embrace is a good album to chill out to. It is a mix of somewhat upbeat tracks with some quite atmospheric tracks. The track I chose is not my favourite from the album, but it is one that I like that fits in better with the theme of the poll. Here's my favourite track from the album:

Endorphin - Relapse

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 05:05

1000 Airplanes on the roof: This has some very nice and original ideas but comes over as a bit of a mish-mash lacking musical direction.

This was the one that I was considering as my choice. However, I didn't have much luck the last time I submitted a Philip Glass track ("CAUGHT!" from Powaqqatsi).

La Femme is fresh and original, and by some distance my favourite among your proposals.

Ok... interesting.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 09:17
I'm going to go with The Fireman - "Watercolour Guitars"

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 15:54
My nomination is Irmin Schmidt's Toy Planet; originally I didn't want to nominate him for the second time, but I use the opportunity as long as he is not listed here, which he should be. Did I say this already? Wink

A few nominations are still missing... tell me what to put up guys!

Edited by Lewian - October 07 2020 at 15:54
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 03:19
Sorry, I forgot to nominate. It's a difficult choice but I'm going with "Sensible Soccers - Nunca Mais Me Esquece" (which ironically means "I'll never forget").
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 11:38
So, there are ten entries in this poll overall?
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 13:26
I had missed that Hrychu nominated The Protomen early on, so that's 11 then. But if I haven't missed anything else, dr.wu23, I prophesy disaster and Psychedelic Paul haven't told us what their nominations are, so we still could get up to 14. And then Mosh. Wink
I'm not quite sure what to do about this - obviously we have time for voting before the next poll starts until end weekend, so we could still wait. I don't feel comfortable deciding nominations for them myself, or starting the voting with a few contributors not on the list. So I hope we'll have more nominations by tomorrow.

Edited by Lewian - October 08 2020 at 13:28
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 13:49
If not too late I'll nominate Simple Minds-Theme For Great Cities
Smile
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 14:35
It's never too late. Let's say almost never. Wink
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 15:13
I nominate Bekki Williams with "River of Night's Dreaming".

I could have chosen something by Vangelis instead, but that would have been too obvious a choice. Smile 
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 15:18
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I could have chosen something by Vangelis instead, but that would have been too obvious a choice. Smile 

...and illegal. Tongue
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 15:48

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

...and illegal. Tongue
It's a good thing I didn't choose Vangelis then, or Jon & Vangelis either. Smile
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 09:16

La Femme is fresh and original, and by some distance my favourite among your proposals.

I'll take your advice and nominate La Femme - Packshot.

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 10:48
For the nominees so far:

Note that it's the full album for Egisto Macchi. 
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 11:44
Great, and thanks mathman, useful as always!

I think we have all nominations we can hope for, so let the voting begin.

Actually there are at least eight entries I really loved in the first go, so I'll have a hard time deciding.

Edited by Lewian - October 09 2020 at 11:49
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 11:48
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

For the nominees so far:

Note that it's the full album for Egisto Macchi. 
  Thank you again, so much!  Also, thanks to Lewian for running this one and to Lorenzo for the creation of these sets of polls.  Now back to listening to the nominees again.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 13:19
May we vote?
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 15:23
^ Yes

I'm gonna listen and vote tomorrow. 
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 19:59
I have to apologize. I put in the wrong Lothar and the Hand People track. I just noticed and have updated. It should be "Machines".

Speaking of Lothar, did anyone else think of this SNL skit:

Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 20:42
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

I have to apologize. I put in the wrong Lothar and the Hand People track. I just noticed and have updated. It should be "Machines".

Speaking of Lothar, did anyone else think of this SNL skit:

Funny, I just scrolled on by and didn't notice.  Thank you, George.  Also, yes!  They inspired that.  Someone knew something about obscure music.  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>