Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kansas - All Just Dust In The Wind (5 Cd) Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zeb1981 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kansas - All Just Dust In The Wind (5 Cd) Live
    Posted: November 04 2023 at 06:57

Kansas - The Broadcast Collection (5 cd)

Very good sounding grey market release, all songs segues flawless (so no 2 sec pauses between songs, thank god) 
Only thing is there should be a booklet with liner notes and pictures, but for this price, ok.....

If you are a Kansas FAN and dont have these concerts from before, I can warmly reccomend it

Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1976 sound 7.5/10 performance 10/10
Palladium New York sound 8.5/10 performance 9.5/10
Tower Theatre sound 8.5/10 performance 6.5/10 (This concert is the same as "King Biscuit" and a zillion other releases)
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2023 at 21:48
He didnt make any comment about 'Europa' whatever that is.

BTW Banana Republc is not a racist term so it's use can't be assumed to be implied racism There is even a clothing company that trades using this name so I guess they would be stopped if it was.
zeb1981 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2023 at 15:03
READ THE COMMENT 5-6 POSTS UP......
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2023 at 07:00
Originally posted by zeb1981 zeb1981 wrote:

How racist calling the entire EUROPA a Banana Republic !!!
The only BANANA Republic i know of is the ENTIRE USA 

And this boxset is infact very intresting, good sounding radio broadcasts !

Just ordered the newer (BANANA REPUBLIC "BOOTLEG")

Kansas (2) – The Broadcast Collection 1976 - 1989

Looking forward to the quality of this ;)

Europa? You mean this?

“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
zeb1981 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2023 at 05:23
How racist calling the entire EUROPA a Banana Republic !!!
The only BANANA Republic i know of is the ENTIRE USA 

And this boxset is infact very intresting, good sounding radio broadcasts !

Just ordered the newer (BANANA REPUBLIC "BOOTLEG")

Kansas (2) – The Broadcast Collection 1976 - 1989

Looking forward to the quality of this ;)
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2021 at 05:47
I finally got around to buying this CD collection and its pretty good.  no complaints its interesting listening to quality bootlegs it captures Kansas at their rawest. Tongue BTW this CD collection isn't available in the USA and certain other countries, due to copyright laws. There are a couple of faults with the audio in some tracks but nothing you wouldn't expect given it was probably taped off FM radio broadcasts. But the audio quality is acceptable/good ...not as good as the deluxe version of 'Two for the show' but close. If you already own the deluxe version of 'Two for the show' there's not great need to buy this, this is more for collectors only. Smile   

Edited by Enchant X - January 02 2021 at 06:05
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 00:59
Picture 4 of 5
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 10:31
I rented that Omaha Civic concert on VHS in the '80s. Nobody mistook Elefante for Walsh, not with that fro! LOL
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 07:47
All stuff on that set was bootleged many times. there is even a DVD of the Omaha Show sold
on many sites (Amazon etc.)

Often these boots are semi legit, that means that there are countries where Copyright protection
does not apply for Recordings made in the US. So the are legit in some Banana Republic but nowhere
else.

A few years ago you could find multiple versions of all the concerts in the box in various combinations
in almost every CD online shop (at least her in Germany).

It's sometimes hard to see what's a boot and what is not, as some of the boots did look very professional.

(the DVD of the Omaha concert had a sticker saying "Steve Walsh at his best" which was not to nice to Mr. Elefante :-))
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 16:38
They probably used other boots, and the VHS of the Omaha Civic show. But yes, keep your money.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 15:53
pleased I didn't order this item it is fishy, I need to do more research before I order it. Tongue

Edited by Enchant X - October 24 2020 at 01:20
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:52
All Bootleg Recordings

Audio from offical Kansas Video (VHS only release) and Audio from a non legit concert film (can be found on YT) filmed unkown to the band.

The rest are Radio broadcasts.

The Audio from the non legit concert film recorded has the only Kansas Performance of two tracks from Walshs and Livgrens first solo Albums (You think you got it made/Mask of the great Deceiver) 

All those recordings are easy to find on other non legit CD Releases circiling around (everywhere)

Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 05:30
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

I've gone ahead and ordered it so will let you know in due course Smile
yes please do let us know how they sound and what's it all about, and thanks Tongue

sadly my order was cancelled by the supplier

this is the message I got:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we were not able to dispatch your order because the last item in stock was found to be defective.

Furthermore this item is currently not available at any of our suppliers therefore we are not able to proceed with your order.

Since we would not like to keep you waiting or give the wrong impression of withholding your money unjustifiably, we cancelled your order and refunded the costs of purchase.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this incident.

We would still be pleased to welcome you as one of our customers again soon.

Kind regards,
I think I will steer clear of this now , seems a little bit fishy Confused

what a shame I suppose now we will never find out about it , It does sound a little bit fishy I agree ...never mind. I did notice a few on ebay but they want something ridiculous like $63 dollars postage, its just not worth the gamble, since are odds on half this disk collection is of the omaha concert in 1982 I already have that, I'm more interested in the 1976 and around then material that I might not have heard already. That might be rare. Smile 

Edited by Enchant X - October 20 2020 at 06:29
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 16:14
Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

yes please do let us know how they sound and what's it all about, and thanks Tongue

sadly my order was cancelled by the supplier

this is the message I got:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we were not able to dispatch your order because the last item in stock was found to be defective.

Furthermore this item is currently not available at any of our suppliers therefore we are not able to proceed with your order.

Since we would not like to keep you waiting or give the wrong impression of withholding your money unjustifiably, we cancelled your order and refunded the costs of purchase.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this incident.

We would still be pleased to welcome you as one of our customers again soon.

Kind regards,
I think I will steer clear of this now , seems a little bit fishy Confused

Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 04:33

Edited by Enchant X - October 18 2020 at 10:51
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 03:48
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 16:59
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Ok, you were right about not taking it personally and I apologise. Please understand something Jose, when I get into a row with you, it hurts. It's not the same as if I'm arguing with other members here. So again, l apologise. But what made you think that I would not or did not say the same in SHMF. You know me better than that. ;)
Thumbs Up
The Stygian Heresy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Stygian Heresy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 15:45
The cover art is the same used on a Youtube video of a claimed 2-cd 'rarities' set, no songs of which are rare, and all avialable on various Kansas albums.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 14:03
Ok, you were right about not taking it personally and I apologise. Please understand something Jose, when I get into a row with you, it hurts. It's not the same as if I'm arguing with other members here. So again, l apologise. But what made you think that I would not or did not say the same in SHMF. You know me better than that. ;)

Edited by SteveG - October 15 2020 at 14:06
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 12:59
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ That might be the first thing we've agree with in ages. I wish you not take these things so personally Jose, as it's getting tiresome. I'm a longtime member of SHMF too, and I know the deal there. I'll say it in a way that's clearer to you. The members who are most critical of sound in remasters, in that they criticize slight compression levels or brightness while totally ignoring the fact that said disc has been over done with NR or bombarded with wonky EQing levels, almost always have playback sustems that are marginal, imo. The one's who are less critical, like you, actually have very good to excellent components, and those people I was not criticizing. Not matter how many words someone writes, if a criticism is taken personally, then the meaning is lost.
Your missing the point, has nothing to do with me being sensitive or taking it personally. You are making a statement about people on another site which is rather chicken sh*t on your part, go there and make that post Steve. 
PA in general has little to nothing to do with sound quality of a release or audio gear, this site is about music, artists and their creation of music, so when you make a statement that most here are not in tune with it sets a negative view of those that do care about sound quality and how to achieve it.

If its getting tiresome maybe you should take a break from the site, you being tired of it is self inflicting. You can't blame that on members here.

And I am done with this thread......I don't want this one locked also.

Edited by Catcher10 - October 15 2020 at 13:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>