Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Modern electronic sounds in prog rock new albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modern electronic sounds in prog rock new albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candalua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern electronic sounds in prog rock new albums
    Posted: November 10 2020 at 10:56
Hello people!
Although not completely convinced, I find the latest Steven Wilson's singles (especially King Ghost) very fascinating. 
I would be interested in discovering some modern bands experimenting with modern electronic sounds the way Wilson did, hopefully with even better results.

Let me know and let's openly discuss! :)
Have fun!

Candalua  
SkynyrdLynyrd175 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkynyrdLynyrd175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2020 at 16:26
Yo \[T]/ Even though it doesn't remind me of Wilson at all, i highly recommend new album by french progressive band Cartoon Theory - Euphoria! They blend many different pop electronic styles (chiptune, dubstep, other edm's) with djazz/djent, and it sounds awesome ^.^ Their latest release is almost fully electronic, previous albums were more prog rocky/djenty, but still have a lot of electronic in them. Pretty unique band, at least i never heard anything like it before, i hope you gonna enjoy it <3
If you see this, the power of fluffy boys shine within ya \[T]/ *hug*
P.S. Sadly can't change my old username that i used everywhere since... 2014 year? So, basically, I'm Jethro. Nice to meet you!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2020 at 20:54
Originally posted by candalua candalua wrote:

Hello people!
Although not completely convinced, I find the latest Steven Wilson's singles (especially King Ghost) very fascinating. 
I would be interested in discovering some modern bands experimenting with modern electronic sounds the way Wilson did, hopefully with even better results.

Hi,

(... welcome, both of you!)

Personally, I do not look at musicians as "artists" that are locked into having to do the same thing all their lives, and I appreciate the changes and the efforts in trying different things, even if it not my thing. 

My thoughts are that SW is experimenting to see how he likes this or that ... and knowing that he is a big fan of Klaus Schulze (he interviews him on one DVD), and Tangerine Dream, the chances are that he also will ... eventually ... take on the ambient (for lack of a better word right now ... maybe electronica) side of things to see how he does and how it helps him find lyrics for his next piece of music.

The only thing weird for me, is him, so far, not going back to his original roots which were long cuts and a lot of "tripping" with sporadic lyrics ... where, right now, and specially his solo efforts (and the last 2 or 3 PT albums) were mostly about his words than they were about the music itself.

I think, he will find his way back into the "sounds" and the music itself ... despite us sitting here and discussing how his next "song" is not up to snuff ... too bad, I say ... we do not have the right to tell an artist what to write, what to paint and what to compose and then sell!

Edited by moshkito - November 10 2020 at 20:55
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Homotopy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homotopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 02:01
King Ghost indeed sounds well. In general I can't understand why experiments with electronics are so rare in prog. Shame.

Electronic timbres of Jaga Jazzist's Starfire is one of the main reasons why I believe it's a pure 5 stars. 
Same with Riverside - ADHD
The Tangent - Adulthood Lie
Born of Osiris (The Discovery and Tomorrow We Die Alive) if you are into extreme tech metal
Igorrr (e.g. ieuD)
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 03:14
With Bruce Soord (UK): The Pineapple Thief, Wisdom Of Crowds, solo.

With Mariuz Duda (Poland): Riverside, Lunatic Soul.

Edited by PhideauxFan - November 11 2020 at 03:15
candalua View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candalua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2020 at 09:06
I loved someone here is missing from the pineapple thief.
What do you guys think? Their best in my opinion!!
 Post Reply Post Reply