Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - K.G. The New King Gizzard Album, Highly Recommend
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K.G. The New King Gizzard Album, Highly Recommend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K.G. The New King Gizzard Album, Highly Recommend
    Posted: November 20 2020 at 07:53
This band seems to often slip between the cracks here on the forums, but I highly recommend checking out this new album. It runs at a comfy 42 minutes and its just great front to back, awesome blend of Psych, Prog and Anotolian Rock with some other genres thrown in the hat. They use microtonal guitars all over the album (it's a follow up to their 2017 album Flying Microtonal Banana) and in turn the album has a sweet middle eastern sound.  Incredible production, probably their best yet on that front, but also, the songs are all just super interesting, dynamic, and a high energy front to back. Certainly bound to be one of my favorite releases of the year and you should check it out, a great album for someone new to the band!

Feel free to discus it here, it's just come out and i've only got a couple listens under my belt but I already love it and I have a feeling it'll become one of my favorites by them with time.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 10:46
Totally addict to the band 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 10:56
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

This band seems to often slip between the cracks here on the forums, but I highly recommend checking out this new album. It runs at a comfy 42 minutes and its just great front to back, awesome blend of Psych, Prog and Anotolian Rock with some other genres thrown in the hat. They use microtonal guitars all over the album (it's a follow up to their 2017 album Flying Microtonal Banana) and in turn the album has a sweet middle eastern sound.  Incredible production, probably their best yet on that front, but also, the songs are all just super interesting, dynamic, and a high energy front to back. Certainly bound to be one of my favorite releases of the year and you should check it out, a great album for someone new to the band!

Feel free to discus it here, it's just come out and i've only got a couple listens under my belt but I already love it and I have a feeling it'll become one of my favorites by them with time.

Title ???????Embarrassed
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 11:01
OK I seem to have found it....it's K.G.L.W. right ??! It's the worst album I've heard in many a year!!! Wimpy sound all over, silly arrangements......my little daughter Ludovica could arrange the songs waaaaay better. Production might be cool, but all the rest sucks big time.

Edited by triptych - November 20 2020 at 11:01
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 11:11
^ yikes, you need to relax

You went from not knowing the title to 5 minutes later having a nailed down opinion on the entire album? You didn’t listen to the album in 5 minutes, bizarre comment.

Edited by dougmcauliffe - November 20 2020 at 11:23
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 14:53
Good album. Never liked the limited Gizz I heard before, but I like the new one. Still very trippy and trancey, but grooves galore.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 15:28
Thanks for checking it out! Glad you enjoyed! ^
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 00:29
its a great album but not the Gizz at there best
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 01:57
Pre-ordered off Amazon , not out until 4 December apparently.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 07:23
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Pre-ordered off Amazon , not out until 4 December apparently.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for trusting my judgement, hope you enjoy!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 14:38
I have only listened to their last three albums, and so far this is the best one I've heard. One of these months I'll get around to listening to their earlier stuff. I would probably rate this around 7 on a 10 scale (or 3.5 here at PA).
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 23:18
Some offensive posts (and related ones) have been hidden. It's no good to bite other's head. Would you please cool yourself down? Handshake
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2020 at 14:34
I love microtonal King Gizzard. They pull off this trick very nicely!!! Better than say Mercury Tree...
The Prog Corner
 Post Reply Post Reply