Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching for an old Pink Floyd website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching for an old Pink Floyd website
    Posted: November 22 2020 at 05:11
We've got a bunch of old farts lurking about in here, so maybe somebody remembers what was the name of a brilliant PF site that I used to browse a ton sometime 10-15 years ago. 

What I remember is that the design was mostly white and built around a row of CD case spines, and opening each album page they had masses of trivia about the album and its supporting tour. Lots of pictures and interesting stories. 

I miss that page and I'm hoping that if someone remembers the name, or, even better, the address, I could get my hands on it again via Wayback Machine.

Edited by Pekka - November 22 2020 at 05:12
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 05:36
This old fart is too senile too remember. At least in your case.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 06:31
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

We've got a bunch of old farts lurking about in here, so maybe somebody remembers what was the name of a brilliant PF site that I used to browse a ton sometime 10-15 years ago. 

What I remember is that the design was mostly white and built around a row of CD case spines, and opening each album page they had masses of trivia about the album and its supporting tour. Lots of pictures and interesting stories. 

I miss that page and I'm hoping that if someone remembers the name, or, even better, the address, I could get my hands on it again via Wayback Machine.
I remember that site but don't remember the name. Maybe one of these: http://www.pinkfloydarchives.com/WebSites.htm ?
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 09:05
I went through that list a couple of times, no names rang a bell at all Ermm Maybe I'll try each dead link in Wayback Machine at some point.

What a wonderful trip into 90s web design, though!

silverpot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 12:51
I think that you may be thinking of a site called pfco, Pink Floyd & co. All their material was transfered to Neptune Pink Floyd when the owners, Joe and Sandy, retired.
Try this link:
https://pfco.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/

Sorry, I can never remember how to properly post a link. Embarrassed

Edited by silverpot - November 23 2020 at 12:51
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 03:34
Originally posted by silverpot silverpot wrote:

I think that you may be thinking of a site called pfco, Pink Floyd & co. All their material was transfered to Neptune Pink Floyd when the owners, Joe and Sandy, retired.
Try this link:

Sorry, I can never remember how to properly post a link. Embarrassed
Interesting link indeed :)
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 12:52
^ That's the one. That CD shelf menu is still as cool as back in the day. Thumbs Up
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 07:35
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Can't think of an extant 1st world social media platform where 'old farts' would be considered a positive epithet so why not deal with the potential response of "go take a royal f.u.c.k to yourself" as representative of state of the art informed inquiry. Ignore the invertebrates they clearly enjoy the abuse

Edited by ExittheLemming - November 25 2020 at 07:38
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 10:11
Originally posted by silverpot silverpot wrote:

Try this link:

Sorry, I can never remember how to properly post a link. Embarrassed

Yes yes yes, thank you, that's it! Clap

Edited by Pekka - November 25 2020 at 10:11
 Post Reply Post Reply