Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK people, tell me about the New Forest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oliverstoned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK people, tell me about the New Forest
    Posted: November 27 2020 at 22:12
I never travel abroad for various reasons, but i really would like to discover the english countryside, especially the "New Forest" area. A work colleague of mine told me about it several years ago, so i searched for it on Internet and it looks like a great place to visit, for lovers of wild nature.
I'm waiting for your feedbacks. I'm attracted by many aspects of the English culture, like architecture and indoor decoration and i love practice my english so that would be a great trip. This New forest looks somewhat similar to our Normandy, but maybe wilder and more diverse in landscapes.

Sounds like the Land of Grey & pink to me!

Edited by oliverstoned - November 27 2020 at 22:13
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 06:59
I've been camping down there with my Scout troop. It's flat, foresty and has lot of New Forest ponies. There are some nice towns and villages to explore and the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Have a look here -
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 07:41
Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

I never travel abroad for various reasons, but i really would like to discover the english countryside, especially the "New Forest" area. A work colleague of mine told me about it several years ago, so i searched for it on Internet and it looks like a great place to visit, for lovers of wild nature.
I'm waiting for your feedbacks. I'm attracted by many aspects of the English culture, like architecture and indoor decoration and i love practice my english so that would be a great trip. This New forest looks somewhat similar to our Normandy, but maybe wilder and more diverse in landscapes.

Sounds like the Land of Grey & pink to me!

Scotland could also provide plenty of 'wild nature' but couldn't guarantee your personal safety

Edited by ExittheLemming - November 28 2020 at 07:45
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 08:40
My wife and I took a long stroll through Scotland once years ago. Beautiful country. Here's a pic.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 09:12
By your own admission, it's doubtful you would have been even able to see the vitriol
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliverstoned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 10:07
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I've been camping down there with my Scout troop. It's flat, foresty and has lot of New Forest ponies. There are some nice towns and villages to explore and the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Have a look here -

Thanks for your reply!
No other PA head living in the area or nearby?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 10:28
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

By your own admission, it's doubtful you would have been even able to see the vitriol
Oh,  the other senses can compensate. Wink

Edited by SteveG - November 28 2020 at 10:28
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2020 at 03:12
The New Forest is a bit of a misnomer as there is actually no forest there at all. Apparently the false naming had something to do with land rights going way back. 
Anyway that region around south Hampshire and Dorset is a lovely area and well worth checking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply