Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jethro tull (a little light music)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jethro tull (a little light music)
    Posted: December 26 2020 at 14:32
Good live album with a unplugged vibe to it, the players are just a four piece including david pegg formaly fairport convention and david mattacks on drums ,a rather great digital recording lots of back and forth by ian with the concert goers, nice set list including a ho hum cover JOHN BARLEYCORN, a very intimate show tull fans rejoice especially myself who never really got to see jethro tull live. out of five.

Edited by grantman - December 26 2020 at 14:35
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 14:33
Why did you post this twice?
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 14:46
my bad i will delete it thanks for the heads up.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 15:06
I love this album from the day I heard it for the first time.
In my opinion essential for Tull fans.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2020 at 16:55

Was the kind of present on CD I received in early 90's from my dad for my 13th - 14th birthdays (the first one was Original Masters; in fact we went to see them here in Chile in '93).

For many years I didn't care much about this album because I was already digging in the older / heavier / more prog catalog: 'Thick as a Brick' I already knew .. but 'This Was', 'Stand Up' and so on.

Some years ago -and now that is all readily available in streaming too- it occurred to me to revisit it, among other reasons for its friendly listening value; for instance, on vacations with my dads / younger brothers, although they're also into prog (and my dads to some extent by association LOL) but I mean, to put something light and fresh while having breakfast.

I think is a very pleasant record, funny, upbringing, and it sounds great. Back when I first got it I was driven mainly to the guitar pieces and tried to emulate them: the acoustic guitar arrangements in 'Too Old to Rock and Roll' and the classical piece in 'Bourée' (other notable example is 'Looking to the Sun'). Nowadays my favorite track could easily be 'Under Wraps'.

Post Reply Post Reply