Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jethro tull (catfish rising)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jethro tull (catfish rising)
    Posted: January 05 2021 at 18:57
I find it a rather a half-baked affair half of the songs are a excellent return to form, the others are somewhat suspect .The opener THIS IS NOT LOVE real rocking
thunderous song the other great songs include the bluesy ROLL YER OWN i also enjoyed DOCTOR TO MY DISEASE the ballad STILL LOVING YOU TONIGHT features santana like guitarwork by martin barre, another interesting number LIKE A TALL GIRL sounds a like FAT MAN but by far ROCKS ON THE ROAD is by far the best song and has an awesome solo. The rest ho hum stuff but other than that, a grand return by jethro tull .Once again thanks for taking the time to read my review.
i give it out of five.

Edited by grantman - January 06 2021 at 15:00
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 15:22
Hmm...I have it...bought all the Tull things when they came out ...don't play it though.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Grubert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 02:17
I once liked Tull very much, the stuff of the 70s and Broadsword, and this was then the new album. It was uninteresting then, unlike Crest of a Knave and Rock Island there was nothing on it I liked. 4/10
triptych View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote triptych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:27
Being a long-time Tull freak, I cannot but LOVE anything Tull. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when listening to this album the first time because I was expecting a rather wimpy album by Anderson and Co. .....I had to rethink and I have loved this album ever since. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:28
I don't remember last time I listened to this album and this says a lot I guess. 
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2021 at 03:52
Some cool tracks. Also a few extra tracks.
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply