Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Rocky Kramer to Prog Archives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlliedArtists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Rocky Kramer to Prog Archives
    Posted: January 15 2021 at 20:54
Hi,

Our label signed Rocky Kramer and released his debut progressive concept album in August of 2019.  The 14 cut album is available in all streaming outlets, except Spotify (dispute over royalties) and as a CD and double disc 180 Gram HQ Vinyl.  The name of the album is Firestorm.  He's assembled a top notch group of prog musicians and he performs with them as "The Rocky Kramer Band."  He's a guitarist along the lines of Yngwie Malmsteen and in fact happens to be from Norway, but now lives in the United States.

We are trying to get as much traction for Rocky as possible and hope the prog world will embrace him.  Can someone tell me what we have to do to get him listed in Prog Archives and hopefully let the prog world know who he is and what he's all about.  He did take his first single "Rock Star" to the top of the DRT Indie Chart last year and toured Europe with Buckcherry.  He was scheduled to tour the U.S. in the Spring of 2020, but was obviously thwarted by Covid-19.

Rocky is a young musician who takes his prog music very seriously.  He considers himself to be both prog and neoclassical.

You can learn more about Rocky at: https://rockykramer.com
He has a funny music video for his debut single "Rock Star" at: https://youtu.be/SKx6zN1DydQ

Note that "Rock Star" is one of the cuts from his debut concept album "Firestorm."  He wrote the song about himself as a little boy, growing up in Norway, dreaming of becoming an 80's rock star. So, the video is very tongue and cheek.  This song is also the most pop song on the album, which is why it was selected as his debut single.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to bring Rocky to the attention of the prog world!

Thank you, Jerry S.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 21:10
Hello, Jerry.

I've had a listen to his album (samples only) via Amazon.com but I cannot hear enough progressive essence from the samples.

Could we listen to his entire album? We'll be happy if you can PM us the link of his material (via sharing site or so). Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
AlliedArtists View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlliedArtists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 21:23
Hi Damo,

I replied in a PM. Thank you very much!

Jerry
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 01:56
Alerted Heavy Prog Team.
I think it's tough for him to be cleared for addition (even via his whole album) though ...
 Post Reply Post Reply