Poll Question: Which would you choose?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [50.85%]
29 [49.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 03:43
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I don't even know where my Tommy album is, it's not in my The Who section.
It must be with your Beatles albums.

Silly wabbit....that would mean I don't have a Tommy album, which is incorrect, I can't find it is all. 

I only own 3 Beatles albums as I have said before. Sgt Pepper, the Blue and Red compilations. Sgt Pepper is a beat up copy worth maybe $2-3 but the Blue and Red are in VG++/NM and probably worth $40 ea. My wife bought those for $15ea, I told her it was the worst $30 she ever spent........We actually went to marriage counseling over that whole purchase. She has since apologized, almost daily LOL 
LOL and do bear in mind the red album is just over an hour long and yet stretched over 2 CDs. Just in case anyone considers an upgrade...

Not had a rip off like that until the remaster of Coda, 3 CDs and really 2 CDs worth.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 03:50
IV over Tommy just.

Who's Next is perfect while Hoth has some dodgy content and the wrong version of No Quarter (the recordings in NYC before that one from Mick Jagger's place smokes that one. Bless bootlegs.

Fiscal Gravity has the innovative Kashmir and loads of awesome material... I only find the lyrics of Sick Again irritating. Rock stars moaning about groupies... it's like bank managers complaining about money...

Fine with the material that found a home which adds to the character of one of the awesome albums of rock.

But it's set against Quadrophenia, cohesive, witty, cathartic and loaded to the gills with great playing, fabulous songs and a great concept. Wagnerian...

Wouldn't want to be without any really.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 13:44
Went with The Who on this one. 

Edited by Argo2112 - February 08 2021 at 13:45
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 19:35
voted the who
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 23:31
I've never been a great fan of Tommy but they sure made up for it with their next attempt at a rock opera.

Edited by iluvmarillion - February 08 2021 at 23:33
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 13:36
Can't f'ing vote either way on this one. I can see the tie very clearly.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 11:18
Zep all the way for me
Prog On!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 17:10
I've always liked the Who a lot and even saw them live once but never really went crazy buying all their albums like I did with Led Zeppelin. So with that in mind I'm not that familiar with Quadrophenia. No vote but possibly would otherwise be for the Who since LZ lose points for me for being musical plagiarists early on.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 17:26
Zep by far. Never liked The Who at all.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Lieutenant_Lan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lieutenant_Lan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 21:44
Always gotta go with Zeppelin.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 00:33
I like The Who, but Led Zeppelin wins this one in a massive 500 ft tall megaflood.
TOP20 Songs
Genesis
Rush
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123