Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Piper At the Gates of Dawn - the songs' poll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Piper At the Gates of Dawn - the songs' poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Here it is!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [25.53%]
3 [6.38%]
5 [10.64%]
1 [2.13%]
2 [4.26%]
2 [4.26%]
12 [25.53%]
2 [4.26%]
2 [4.26%]
1 [2.13%]
5 [10.64%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 03:12
Always found the entire album brilliant but my favourite track is Interstellar.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 03:34
IO.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 03:43
Really? No votes for The Gnome or Flaming?
Naww, well I love them both, but I'll choose The Gnome. 
What an adorable, fun little song Clap

Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 16:57
Brilliant album of great historical value, plenty of Syd's genius and psychedelia.
Astronomy domine +1
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 01:42
Probably a different answer every day, but I've got a soft spot for Matilda Mother. Probably Syd's zenith.
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 10:02

My favorite historically is Flaming.

I also got lots of love for Scarecrow.

Now arriving from vacations, and a series of listening sessions with my pal, (a potential proghead with very good prospects I must say..  -Can you believe he even made up a little proggy dance for 'Riding the Scree'?  LOL LOL  disclaimer: we were not sober), we gave a listen to 'Piper' and that strange and broken guitar on Lucifer Sam left me greatly impressed.

Going with Scarecrow anyway... inconceivable it has no votes!  Wink

The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 11:34
I love most songs on the album (except "Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk"). My vote went to "Bike". Wonderfully weird lyrics.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 11:55
This is a great album. There are many tracks that deserve votes, making it hard to pick just one. The natural favourite is "Interstellar Overdrive", but I've always had a particular fondness for "Lucifer Sam", so it gets my vote.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 12:01
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

My vote went to "Bike". Wonderfully weird lyrics.

I know a person called "Gerald", and I always think of the song whenever I hear the name.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 12:11
^ BTW, my association of the name "Gerald" with the song "Bike" goes back further than any possible association of the name "Gerald" with the album "Thick As A Brick".

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 13:23
Voted for gNome
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 14:20
Interstellar Overdrive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12