9 [75.00%]
1 [8.33%]
2 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alien vs The Terminator
    Posted: February 13 2021 at 12:06
Two films whom spawned two franchizes - whom have created an iconic place in film history. Movies with great atmosphere and designs Alien with its H.R Geiger designs and whomever created the Terminator model designs did an awesome job.

So which movie do you like the most.

Edited by Icarium - February 13 2021 at 12:11
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 12:10
Not an easy call considering the pace and editing of Terminator, maybe the best action movie ever.   But I think Alien better stands the test of time, still looks great, and isn't stuck in its era like Terminator is.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 12:24
I like The Terminator, but Alien by far. It's one of my favourite horror films and indeed I think the atmosphere it creates is incredible.

I have a trailer remake of The Terminator that I'd like to share, but some would not appreciate it (they turned it into a love story between the Terminator and Sarah Connor).
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 12:27
Alien

I do like The Terminator. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 12:34
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 13:02
OK, I'll go with The Terminator, then. I prefer to stay on the earth instead of going into space... (well, I could contradict myself here with other SF films that I like...). Between these two I prefer the action packed Terminator over the horror tinge of Alien. And there's more humour in the first...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 13:54
Terminator 2: Judgment Day is one of my favourite movies, but if I have to choose between these first movies, I'll go with Alien.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 15:30
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Two films whom spawned two franchizes - whom have created an iconic place in film history. Movies with great atmosphere and designs Alien with its H.R Geiger designs and whomever created the Terminator model designs did an awesome job.

So which movie do you like the most.

I would like to point out that the name is H.R.Giger

Edited by BaldJean - February 13 2021 at 15:41

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 00:25
I love both so I voted both. 
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 03:27
I have to go with Ripley if only for the fact of her being capillary challenged like me in "Alien 3"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 00:03
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Alien

I do like The Terminator. 

Terminator is an incredible movie but Alien is the ultimate sci-fi movie
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply