Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portal- instrumental prog rock/metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portal- instrumental prog rock/metal
    Posted: February 16 2021 at 17:59
Hi everyone, I play guitar in a band called Portal which just released a new album, called Away From the Origin. I see other people have posted their bands here, so I'm hoping it's alright to do the same. 

Portal is a band with 3 members (7 string guitar, 6 string bass, drums). I would say Portal has a unique style, with a good amount of sonic variety within that style. Portal songs often involve heavy distorted grooves, odd time signatures, spacey guitar leads, some weird moments, as well as calm and relaxing clean sections. If you're a fan of Scale the summit, Russian Circles, Pelican, Haken, or Porcupine Tree, you'll probably find something you like. We always try to make an organic and not over-produced sound, which keeps a live feel and maintains some human qualities in a world of highly perfected recordings. All music has been recorded and produced independently by the band itself. Portal has 2 albums,  both available on bandcamp, youtube, and in CD format. We'd be thrilled if anyone would like to check them out, and brutally honest feedback is always great too:

Away From the Origin (December 2020)
The Unconscious World (March 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZFwMrvI4mc&ab_channel=PortalMusic
^the unconscious world link should work, I'm not sure why it isn't clickable

Post Reply Post Reply