Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you feeling lately?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:04
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by WilloStardust WilloStardust wrote:

I'm sure we have all noticed the changing of the seasons, I look forward to the spring and summer.
However at the moment I am feeling a little isolated and down, so I wanted to reach out.
I just thought I would post here and ask everyone how they're doing/feeling lately?
I'm really grateful we have this platform to connect with awesome music and other people!
Its twilight here in New Orleans, and an oddly quiet night.
I hope everyone is doing well

Much love

Ahhh Nawlins', I miss it there. My wife is a Cajun Coon A$$ (she does not care if that is PC or not!! LOL). I went to UNO, met her in HS there, yes married my HS sweetheart best thing I ever did! We have family and friends in New Orleans and this world we live in now is keeping us from visiting right now. We've missed a couple weddings and a funeral and of course Mardi Gras........We are scheduled to go back next year for Elton John concert.
The feelings of isolation for sure come and go for the most part I am feeling really well. Now that I work from home and no gyms to go to I walk every morning 2.5-3 miles and have lost probably 25lbs but also cut back on sugar intake, did not realize how huge that is. I was not severely overweight but feel so much better with 25 lbs off me bones!
I too am grateful for all that I have and have experienced so far in my life, I find that material things are really material things.........except for my records, don't touch my records!!!! Angry LOL

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Yes staying away from processed sugars is the most important as you get older. I love being from Lousiana but totally not for the reasons that anyone would expect I dont think. I dunno when shows will be back at the smoothie king center but eventually things will be hectic and busy again. The city somehow still has grave left for humans. I think we have about 10 years left before the sinking and erosion really start affecting everything. One day my city will be underwater
~A tired mind become a shapeshifter
Everybody need a mood lifter
Everybody need reverse polarity
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
WilloStardust View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilloStardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 08:04
Grace not grave*** lolz
~A tired mind become a shapeshifter
Everybody need a mood lifter
Everybody need reverse polarity
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form
Everybody gotta deviate
From the norm~RUSH
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 09:11

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm sure we have all noticed the changing of the seasons, I look forward to the spring and summer.
However at the moment I am feeling a little isolated and down, so I wanted to reach out.
I just thought I would post here and ask everyone how they're doing/feeling lately?
I'm really grateful we have this platform to connect with awesome music and other people!
Its twilight here in New Orleans, and an oddly quiet night.
I hope everyone is doing well

Much love

Ahhh Nawlins', I miss it there. My wife is a Cajun Coon A$$ (she does not care if that is PC or not!! LOL). I went to UNO, met her in HS there, yes married my HS sweetheart best thing I ever did! We have family and friends in New Orleans and this world we live in now is keeping us from visiting right now. We've missed a couple weddings and a funeral and of course Mardi Gras........We are scheduled to go back next year for Elton John concert.
The feelings of isolation for sure come and go for the most part I am feeling really well. Now that I work from home and no gyms to go to I walk every morning 2.5-3 miles and have lost probably 25lbs but also cut back on sugar intake, did not realize how huge that is. I was not severely overweight but feel so much better with 25 lbs off me bones!
I too am grateful for all that I have and have experienced so far in my life, I find that material things are really material things.........except for my records, don't touch my records!!!! Angry LOL

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Yes staying away from processed sugars is the most important as you get older. I love being from Lousiana but totally not for the reasons that anyone would expect I dont think. I dunno when shows will be back at the smoothie king center but eventually things will be hectic and busy again. The city somehow still has grave left for humans. I think we have about 10 years left before the sinking and erosion really start affecting everything. One day my city will be underwater

People have been saying that for eons.......Yes parts of the city proper are below sea level, the mighty Miss River is the problem due to the levee systems not able to handle huge storm surges, but again that's been the case for as long as I can remember. Believe me the Corps of Engineers will not let the city drown, the tourist value of that city is massive....and besides Venice has been dealing with water for eons too.
Cboi Sandlin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cboi Sandlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2021 at 16:49
Tongue pretty good!
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2021 at 20:55
I don't like to complain because I am very financially comfortable, still have a job, etc etc.  All the same, no, the honest answer is I don't feel well lately. 

For one thing, the CEO of my company is a crazy-ass who keeps forcing everyone to come to office even though the layout is inherently too cramped to allow even a modicum of social distancing. We had three people test positive on the same floor in just the last week.  But there will be no change in attendance norms, not unless the state CM (equivalent of Governor in US) forces this maniac's hand by enforcing lower attendance in private offices. These aren't the first cases of covid either.  There was a similar wave of covid cases within a short period of time in Dec (during which I got the virus).  All told, at least ten people so far have got covid just in our Mumbai office (no idea about the many other locations but I heard two showrooms got shut due to covid cases so...). 

If all that wasn't bad enough, since Tuesday, I have been unable to go to office because I have started breathing heavily when I walk up stairs or walk briskly (or talk at a reasonably loud volume for more than a few minutes).  I have terrible weakness and am forced to spend several hours in bed. For perspective, I am 35.  And I used to play tennis before covid lockdowns began.  I can run up stairs when I have to and often did when I was in a hurry to catch a train.  It is so demoralizing to feel as if I have suddenly aged a lot.  And I did everything I was supposed to, to take care of myself and family.  I am never not without a mask when outdoors or in office and I haven't shaken hands with anyone since March last year.  

I did everything, that is, other than leave an organisation run by a psycopathic idiot.  To tell you all the truth, with a public holiday coming up on Monday, I am simply waiting in the hope that new govt enforced norms will come about by tomorrow, taking the decision out of my hands.  Else I propose to ask for work from home at least for a couple of weeks and if I am not given that, to just leave. I know the thing about a 'gap' in your resume and I've been there, done that and wouldn't advise it to anyone.  But I can't let my health deteriorate any further in the prime of my life because of recruiters' silly and cruel fixations on things like 'gap'.  Maybe, if an organisation wouldn't understand why I would have to leave in such a circumstance, then it's as or more cruel than the one I am in and not worth being part of anyway.   

Edited by rogerthat - March 25 2021 at 21:06
jjuliajul11 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjuliajul11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 13:26
I see that not only I suffered from insomnia. Everything was fine until I started to linger at work. I was very tired but couldn`t sleep properly. I found many good ways on Canadian pharmacy. I made a daily routine, which I had to follow, did sports regularly, ate healthy food and took vitamins. In a few weeks I had a good result, I started sleeping 7-8 hours a day and it's great

Edited by jjuliajul11 - March 31 2021 at 05:03
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 17:49
Life is certainly more anal rape than free cakes these days. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12