Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Rubbish Covers Of Prog Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2021 at 16:58
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

^That band(the losers)was actually Howard Stern's band or at least they had some kind of connection with him. I believe that was even Howard Stern singing. That was recorded live on his show and you can even hear Robin laughing a little bit and saying "there they are the losers" at the end.
YES !...I remember seeing that on one his telecasts. I had totally forgotten about that. Of course, I remember thinking the same thing then...just bad Progyokee . LOL
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
DaveDawson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DaveDawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 06:34

Oh that's you is it? Those Cockney Rush puns were absolutely inspired, I showed them to missus. If you can stomach it, this podcast from last week which I guested on explains the, ahem, 'process'..basically though I learn by ear, rehearse it to the point that I JUST about can do the basic outline of the song, and then record before it gets any 'better'... I read the lyrics off a screen and react to them

As for it being a character I just don't know.. I think it's a hybrid.. honestly

http://www.progzilla.com/from-the-attic-17-in-conversation-with-dave-dawson/?fbclid=IwAR3EwCP2a89MDQD0cwbfVqmrsIWhs8JhtIWMv0RfHpbWlBfdNRI03ybOwuc

And I have done a Yes one...completely stream of consciousness rubbish..it's called ''Ponderous Stories That Go On For Bloody Weeks'' but it's NOT a jibe at Yes - it breaks off into memories of a tedious roadie I used to know  

Thank you very much for all this!

suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 06:41
It may be rubbish, these covers, but it's definitely fun! Thanks!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 07:01
That's what it's all about so thank you! I'm a prog obsessive ''in real life'' (whatever that means now)
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 13:48
Originally posted by DaveDawson DaveDawson wrote:

Oh that's you is it? Those Cockney Rush puns were absolutely inspired, I showed them to missus. If you can stomach it, this podcast from last week which I guested on explains the, ahem, 'process'..basically though I learn by ear, rehearse it to the point that I JUST about can do the basic outline of the song, and then record before it gets any 'better'... I read the lyrics off a screen and react to them

As for it being a character I just don't know.. I think it's a hybrid.. honestly

http://www.progzilla.com/from-the-attic-17-in-conversation-with-dave-dawson/?fbclid=IwAR3EwCP2a89MDQD0cwbfVqmrsIWhs8JhtIWMv0RfHpbWlBfdNRI03ybOwuc

And I have done a Yes one...completely stream of consciousness rubbish..it's called ''Ponderous Stories That Go On For Bloody Weeks'' but it's NOT a jibe at Yes - it breaks off into memories of a tedious roadie I used to know  

Thank you very much for all this!

Brilliant stuff!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2021 at 14:08
Too kind!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 04:27
Originally posted by DaveDawson DaveDawson wrote:

That's a BRILLIANT take on it.. I love Brent but it's not an impression...that'd be tragic..when The Office came out loads of mates went ''Bloody Hell, that's exactly like Dave''...Can I nick that,Richard?

wow so you're the original Brent LOL . I hope you sued him for everything he's got ..

yep 'nick' away please Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 03:53
It would appear so. I fear though that he may draw a court case out on technicalities until my £100 runs out

Right...I'm 'avin' it.. Thanks so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12