Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from America
    Posted: April 08 2021 at 18:17
Greetings ProgArchives

I have been lurcking for some time and I can't hold back anymore and want to be a part this community. When I was around ten years old, my dad realized I preferred music with lots of instruments, so he showed me ELP's Pirates. This was the first Prog song I've ever heard period and I remember loving it. Over the last sixteen years I have been discovering the various kinds of music I like (and don't like, oh boy). Maybe I'll share more of my music experiences some other time. Suffice to say, I'm excited to take part in a community I can truly feel apart of.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 01:49
Welcome, and please do share more of what you like.

BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 02:58
Hello and welcome! I am from Germany but have an affinity to the USA. My wife Jeanine (same-sex marriage) is originally from Oakland, CA and came to Germany in 1993. We met shortly after she came here.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 03:43
Welcome! I'm intrigued - please share more about your musical experiences and tastes...
Songs cast a light on you
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 06:19
Welcome aboard brother.
I'm a unabashed ELP fan through and through.
Many years ago when my son was around 10 or 11, (he's 29 now) I used to play him Tarkus Live from the Welcome Back My Friends album. I would tell him the story of each section in the hopes of stirring an interest in prog music. it worked for a while and then he was in high school, after that, for some reason, my influence waned. Go figure.
Enjoy the site.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 06:47
Hi, and welcome from my little corner of England. I'm old enough to have been a teenager in prog's heyday (late 60's to mid 70's) so my views on prog tent to be a bit skewed, and at odds with many other prog fans, and mostly preferring the Symphonic and Psychedelic/Space sub genres.

[I have actually been around the site for a long time - 15 years-ish, so don't be fooled by this relatively new profile which I made when I was locked out of my old one, which I hadn't used much in ages.]
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
 Post Reply Post Reply