Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie poll: favourite Tarantino

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What is your favourite Quentin Tarantino film?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [9.52%]
6 [28.57%]
1 [4.76%]
5 [23.81%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
1 [4.76%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 09:14
I only liked Inglorious Basterds of him.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 08:01
Hi,

I'm not exactly a fan of the Tarantino train.

I've always thought that he was trying really hard to copy as many moments from foreign films as he could ... and while he did do his part for many of these films, in the end, I thought his "pastiches", or "poses plastiques" were not that big a deal.

In America, however, the majority of the folks seeing a Tarantino film, have not seen the European counterpart, and thus, it feels like Tarantino is an original, and he is not. IF, any of the majority of these fans saw more of these European films, I would imagine that the appreciation for some of his work would fall off even more ... but that's a thought ... not necessarily a reality.

I'm not a fan of any of these films. Some of them are fun to watch, but it ends there.

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 01:35
, I would place
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 01:17
I’m one of those rare cats that genuinely doesn’t think he bettered Reservoir Dogs. Everything great about a Tarantino flick is in there...and it didn’t cost anything..at least compared to what came after. I think it’s his best movie because it feels so naturally moving from one place to the next. The story is actually rather meh but via these mad linguistic spurts that happen from time to time, we get a sense of different interconnecting storylines, humour, madness and general ignorance all crammed into these fiery scenes and characters. The dialogue in particular is the perfect proof of this methinks.
Pulp Fiction comes in second and well then there is a good amount of space before the rest of his work, which to be fair still is pretty good and always interesting to watch...but to me he never bettered his early career, least of all Reservoir Dogs.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 00:52
What is your favourite Quentin Tarantino movie?

I can't make up my mind yet. Maybe I'll have to watch a couple of them once again. I'm a big fan of most of his films. 

Discussion of his work is encouraged. I admire his shameless love of grindhouse exploitation cinema. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12