Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie poll: favourite Tarantino

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What is your favourite Quentin Tarantino film?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [9.52%]
6 [28.57%]
1 [4.76%]
5 [23.81%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
1 [4.76%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 08:43
Even though Tarantino is rooted in gritt and realisme, hes films have a fantastical (subtle) elements) mostly comes through as surrealisme. Hes collab with Robert Rodriguez on Sin City is very cool, would be cool to see him delve into fantasy or sci-fi in future movie projects.

Edited by Icarium - April 14 2021 at 08:44
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2021 at 11:11
I don't really get on with Tarantino because his non-linear style of narrative confuses me, and I find it difficult to follow what's going on. I don't mind films with the odd flashback scene or two when it helps to fill in bits of vital back story so that the film makes sense, but Tarantino seems to jump all over the place time-wise. Don't mind Reservoir Dogs tho.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 05:56
I like most of Tarantino's films. Jacky Brown was maybe a weaker instalment after Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but it remains a solid film (and one of the few with a great character development - maybe Tarantino's weakest point...). The only disappointments to me were Kill Bill vol. 2 (a bit too demonstrative to my liking) and Death Proof. The latter is really a bad film, but in that sense a successful homage to the Grindhouse films (which in my opinion are all bad).

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 06:10
I'll vote for Jackie Brown. I like most others as well, however I found Jackie Brown that tiny little bit more down to earth than most others that made me relate to it better.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2021 at 13:31
Inglourious Basterds
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12