Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite track from More Soundtrack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Your favourite track from 'More' (soundtrack)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [18.75%]
4 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [15.63%]
11 [34.38%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [9.38%]
3 [9.38%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite track from More Soundtrack
    Posted: April 19 2021 at 21:30
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

One of my least favourite Pink Floyd albums. Score music on record is often boring when it is taken out of its movie context, and More is no exception. My favourites are the actual songs, it has to be either "Cirrus Minor", "Crying Song" or "Cymbaline". I go with the latter.

I guess that's a reason I don't like this album even more. About the first half of the album, with the more traditional songs, are really good, but the other half, with the ambient music, is rather... as you say, it doesn't work so well out of the movie context. Yet, because of those more traditional songs, the album becomes really worth listening.
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 23:50
The film is worth watching too, though only snippets of Floyd music can be heard.  [There is also a song 'Seabirds' which strangely never got released.]
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 19:22
I just finished listening to the entire album. I liked it more than I remember. Anyway, I went with the Nile song. I also really liked the main theme because of it's spacey vibe and almost voted for that but in the end went with TNS. 
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 17:40
One of my least favourite Pink Floyd albums. Score music on record is often boring when it is taken out of its movie context, and More is no exception. My favourites are the actual songs, it has to be either "Cirrus Minor", "Crying Song" or "Cymbaline". I go with the latter.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 14:57
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ Ibiza Bar is great too, I only failed to mention it between my hard choices because it's very similar to The Nile Song, and I would give the edge to that other one.

Definitely. And I was surprised to see two other votes for Ibiza Bar for just that reason. Because of the similarities between the two, I would have thought most people who like both would prefer The Nile Song. It’s quite nice to know there are at least two others like me, who give the edge to Ibiza Bar! 😄

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 13:43
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Ibiza Bar for me.
It’s interesting to see only six tracks (at the time I post this) have votes. Though perhaps not surprising, as if someone asked me to pick my six favourite tracks, these would probably be the six I’d pick....

It's rare that a soundtrack that is not put together from "best of" material has a consistent quality when considered on musical terms alone.

Main Theme for me by some distance. I do like Up the Khyber though.

Edited by Lewian - April 15 2021 at 13:44
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 13:33
^ Ibiza Bar is great too, I only failed to mention it between my hard choices because it's very similar to The Nile Song, and I would give the edge to that other one.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 04:54
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Ibiza Bar for me.
It’s interesting to see only six tracks (at the time I post this) have votes. Though perhaps not surprising, as if someone asked me to pick my six favourite tracks, these would probably be the six I’d pick....

Ibiza Bar's awesome but I like Cymbaline more. Tongue
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 04:53
Ibiza Bar for me.

Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 03:49
...and I went with Cirrus Minor because it's brillliant.  That organ, those sound effects...
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 21:15
I just went with Cirrus Minor because it had less votes.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 21:14
I don't know between Cirrus Minor, The Nile Song, Green is the Colour, and Cymbalyne. I just love the 4 of them.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 16:18
Cymbaline +1
Ibiza Bar
Green is the colour

Edited by Olape - April 15 2021 at 06:30
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 12:27
I would like to go to Ibiza Bar off season
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 11:44
Green is the colour of her kind
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 11:14
More candidates here: Cirrus Minor, The Nile Song, Main Theme, Green, Cymbaline...

I picked the rather un-Floydish Nile Song.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 09:52
Green is the Colour.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 04:09
Main Theme is my favorite from this album. Cymbaline and Crying Song would be my 2nd and 3rd choices.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 03:54
As for the first two albums I can't vote, even though I think Cymbaline will be the winner.
I could give up to The Spanish Piece, but usually I don't skip any track
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 03:35
Cymbeline. Not a particularly strong album from the mighty Floyd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>