Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4/3 de Trio, live at Proglive 99

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gramonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4/3 de Trio, live at Proglive 99
    Posted: April 16 2021 at 02:16
Hello, everybody. Does anyone remember this band? http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1275
Yes, I played guitar & keyboards in the band. If someone is interested, I have sent on my Youtube channel a live recording of two shows we did at the Proglive festival, Corbigny (France) in 1999, five months after the release of our first album, "Faiblesse". It contains versions of most of the tracks from that album, as well as early versions of three tracks from the follow-up "Ersatz", and also an unreleased track called "Jamy". The sound is not very good with lots of distorsion, but the recording may be considered as historic, I guess. Wink https://youtu.be/po5ZA2s1eyY

Edited by Gramonster - April 16 2021 at 05:08
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 03:24
Not me, I never heard of this band (I was not yet in France, back then). The first snippets sound intriguing, though, so I will check out more of it... Thanks!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 03:43
Wow, Sebastien Gramond, one of the most prolific authors featured on PA. Far from the numbers of TD, Wakeman, Senmuth and Phrozenlight, but 63 full length albums (at least here on PA) is a huge number.
I take the opportunity to ask you whether you have released anything after 2010, so to keep our database up to date, in case.

I didn't know of your band, but despite the recording quality, that's not as poor as you say, I like it. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Gramonster View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 05:11
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Wow, Sebastien Gramond, one of the most prolific authors featured on PA. Far from the numbers of TD, Wakeman, Senmuth and Phrozenlight, but 63 full length albums (at least here on PA) is a huge number.
I take the opportunity to ask you whether you have released anything after 2010, so to keep our database up to date, in case.

I didn't know of your band, but despite the recording quality, that's not as poor as you say, I like it. 
Thank you very much, I'm still working from time to time on a possible follow up to "Masterpiece of sh*t", so I'll let you know if I live long enough to release anything! LOL By the way, I'm also playing in a band called Sulphat' Ketamine that released a couple of albums in the meantime, which are already there (but still waiting for any review). Wink http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9447
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 07:07
Thanks for posting. I'll certainly check it out.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 09:00
Well, more than a month later... Although the live performance put up here in the OP is interesting, but not entirely convincing, I'm glad it led me to listen to the two studio albums by 4/3 de Trio. Listened to them again and they're really very good. Added to my "find them and buy them"-list...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Gramonster View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 22:40
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Well, more than a month later... Although the live performance put up here in the OP is interesting, but not entirely convincing, I'm glad it led me to listen to the two studio albums by 4/3 de Trio. Listened to them again and they're really very good. Added to my "find them and buy them"-list...
Thanks for your reaction, I'm also glad it got you to listen to them. Smile

Edited by Gramonster - June 15 2021 at 22:41
 Post Reply Post Reply