Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes - From A Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes - From A Page
    Posted: April 20 2021 at 02:43
Yes have released this album, which was previously only available with the previously-released Live From Lyon album, as a stand-alone album.
It's also available on streaming services now.

It features 4 new tracks - To The Moment, Words On A Page, From the Turn of a Card and The Gift of Love, plus a single edit of To The Moment.

This is really going to annoy anyone who bought it before and ended up with 2 copies of Live From Lyon. 

I'm listening to the new tracks and I'm pleased to say they are an improvement on Heaven & Earth. 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 02:52
Fly From Here could easily have been a much greater album if it dropped some of the weaker tracks in favour of these ones. 🤔

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 02:55
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Fly From Here could easily have been a much greater album if it dropped some of the weaker tracks in favour of these ones. 🤔

I quite like Fly From Here. These tracks definitely would have improved Heaven & Earth.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 03:40
Just to clarify, I think this is a digital release only.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 04:53
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I quite like Fly From Here. These tracks definitely would have improved Heaven & Earth.

That’s why I said “greater”. Fly From Here is the only Yes album I own after Drama. I think it’s a really good Yes album, in terms of their material since their classic and most well-loved era.

Heaven and Earth would still be an abomination, with the the inclusion of these tracks. It would be the apocryphal polishing of a turd. Whereas I think these tracks would go nicely with the Fly From Here material. The tracks would be wasted on Heaven & Earth in my opinion. 😜

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 05:04

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Heaven and Earth would still be an abomination, with the the inclusion of these tracks. It would be the apocryphal polishing of a turd.

LOL

Don't tell Psychedelic Paul that!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 06:10
^ Too late. I've already read it. Tongue
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 02:07
Oliver Wakeman is involved which makes it interesting. Not sure I want it in just MP3 format so will pass for now but wait and see if some sort of box set might evolve, bit like the Keys project maybe.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 02:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Oliver Wakeman is involved which makes it interesting. Not sure I want it in just MP3 format so will pass for now but wait and see if some sort of box set might evolve, bit like the Keys project maybe.
I think these new tracks are actually pretty good. Why they chose to release them with an already-released live album I don't know. I was going to buy that again just to get some new tracks that might be as bad as Heaven & Earth. Thankfully they're quite good but I guess they're not long enough to be a CD on their own.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 03:31
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

That’s one of the reasons I made my above comment regarding Fly From Here: Oliver Wakeman’s involvement in both.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 07:26
the lineup on this is way better than the lineup of Heaven and Earth --I prefer Benoit voice any day over the current singer---and Oliver really makes his dad proud on this album--like his playing better than Downes
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 08:10
These "new" tracks are decent, but I cannot avoid the thought that Yes - or the Yes Machine - is more interested in making money than in making new music... Even these songs go back 10 years...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 08:16
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

These "new" tracks are decent, but I cannot avoid the thought that Yes - or the Yes Machine - is more interested in making money than in making new music... Even these songs go back 10 years...

Well they missed a trick here. I didn't buy these tracks when they were initially released as there was no way I was going to shell out for an average live album that I already had. Had they released them as a stand-alone CD I might have considered it.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 08:35
I might get to it after reading your comments. I'm not particularly thrilled with the current state of YES, but I'm curious about the newvsongs.
 Post Reply Post Reply