Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis to tour again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 13:54
I couldn't care less.
As long as Steve Hackett is doing what he's doing so brilliantly, these three are irrelevant.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 14:00
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I couldn't care less.
As long as Steve Hackett is doing what he's doing so brilliantly, these three are irrelevant.

OMG! So brutal! LOL
Plasmoid33&1/3 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plasmoid33&1/3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 12:02
I will pass on this blatant money grab.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 12:21
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I couldn't care less.

Hi,

I'm not sure that this is right ... if it was you and your songs, you might enjoy a chance to do it one more time before you know you can't. But, SH has been excellent all of his solo career, and it is sad that GENESIS did not make a stronger effort to keep him, and add some of his material ... I imagine they thought he was not writing "GENESIS material", and that his songs did not "fit" the idea of the band ... which is kinda short sighted and a very weak idea in the first place!

I don't consider the three "irrelevant", and I will at least respect their right and abilities even if they might not have it as strong as they once were ... but sadly, even though they are taking with them two folks that know their music well ... I find it sad in some ways ... I think I will send a couple of bottles of Geritol back stage ... but I doubt that I will even try to see any of the shows.

SH gets played, by the way, a lot on Guy Guden's Space Pirate Radio and he even has a very nice ID for the show ... in many ways, he cared for the folks playing his music ... after a while I don't think that GENESIS cared anymore and just took the money ... what the heck ... it was flowing like water on a river!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 04:52
Off to see the band later tonight in Birmingham. All the Nah Sayers not going are going to be annoyed when they play Cinema Show, Dancing With the Moonlit Knight and Firth of Fifth. Well I'm hoping!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 04:54
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Off to see the band later tonight in Birmingham. All the Nah Sayers not going are going to be annoyed when they play Cinema Show, Dancing With the Moonlit Knight and Firth of Fifth. Well I'm hoping!

you might hear the Cinema Show solo if they are doing the In the Cage medley. They did that in 2007. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 10:35
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Have a great time, Richard, and give us a report!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 12:08
I would be interested to see the NicCollins behind the kit, the PBS special Last Domino special he plays really well in all that rehearsal footage. The band overall sounded really good I thought.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 13:22
I saw them in 1976 at the Ford Auditorium in Detroit and then again in 1977 at the Masonic (with Bruford and then Chester). I see no reason to sully those memories with this geriatric nonsense.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 00:52
Nic was great behind the kit and probably one of the best drummers I've seen live . Totally nailed everything. 
Phil was not in the greatest of health as we know but he got through the gig and the warmth of the crowd helped enormously. The emphasis was on the 'hits' but funnily enough I did enjoy Mama and We Can't Dance. Those songs take on a life of their own live. The prog stuff included the instrumental parts of Cinema Show and Firth of Fifth as well opening with Duke's Travels/Duke's End/Turn It On Again. They also did I know What I Like and Afterglow and the audience enjoyed a singalong at the end to Carpet Crawlers. Yeah it was a good night and just nice to get out!

Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 03:37
^Good to hear!!
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 04:16
Meanwhile, we were at the second of Steve Hackett's three night residency at the London Palladium, which was awesome. Short first half with Amanda Lehman as additional guitarist (and vocalist on 'Shadow of the Hierophant). Long second half consisted of the entire 'Seconds Out' album with an encore of 'Dance on a Volcano'.

Spectacular musicianship all round (with Jonas Reingold on bass)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12