Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack O' The Clock - New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack O' The Clock - New Album
    Posted: May 13 2021 at 18:40
I'm a bit late, but Jack O' The Clock's new album will be out soon, and the released track is short but promising--wasn't expecting an electric guitar!

From their website:
The new album, “Leaving California,” is now available for pre-order, which includes an immediate download of the single, “Jubilation.” The full album will be released on CD and as a download through Cuneiform Records on May 28th, 2021!
From Cuneiform Records' bandcamp:
Jack O’ The Clock’s Leaving California is a highly-detailed musical adventure that reveals new layers with repeated listens, from the opening strums of “Jubilation,” which introduces the record with whimsical folksy fanfare, to the angular harmonized violin lead on the closing track, “Narrow Gate.” Throughout, the songs of bandleader Damon Waitkus recall artists such as David Sylvian, Fairport Convention, and Elliott Smith, while creative musical arrangements showcase the band’s high-level compositional and instrumental chops. Upon first listen, Leaving California offers plenty of hooks, but this is music that truly reveals its depth upon the scrutiny of repeated spins.
The album's first song is available now on bandcamp.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2021 at 18:48
Autobuy, I have it pre-ordered
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Tull Tales View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tull Tales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 18:43
The album is out and it is, of course, fantastic! All of their albums are fantastic and each one has it's own personality. Leaving California is no exception. Some slightly unexpected elements. Took a few listens for me, but reading along with the lyrics helps. Another winner!
foregonillusions View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 00:52
Originally posted by Tull Tales Tull Tales wrote:

The album is out and it is, of course, fantastic! All of their albums are fantastic and each one has it's own personality. Leaving California is no exception. Some slightly unexpected elements. Took a few listens for me, but reading along with the lyrics helps. Another winner!

That's great to hear! I plan to sit down and listen to it in the near future. With regards to the unforeseen aspects in this album, I hope one of them is an electric guitar's presence. The first track really surprised me when it showcased a very short but cool section showcasing its use.
Tull Tales View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tull Tales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 06:18
Just so! The electric guitar shows itself more than once!
foregonillusions View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2021 at 21:46
Recently listened to the entire album; It's very good! I must also say, as with their previous albums, the sound quality is fantastic: One can hear all the various instruments that are used, and that's good considering the eclectic instrumentation. Hopefully, one of the Archive's fine writers will compose a review for this opus in the near future.
 Post Reply Post Reply