Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Historical Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 03:27
Just for comparison:

Percentage of oxygen in the air today: 21%.

Percentage of oxygen in the air in the Carboniferous: 35% (it actually rose from 20% to 35% during that geological period).

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:16
My take on the two weird facts (?) that I put here is:

The grasshopper thing is likely fake. But I'm a little more convinced that it can be true, compared to Mike's take.

About the Trump thing... unless someone that I trust says that s/he had watched that episode of the series before we encountered unce Donald as a president, I'll not be 100% sure that it is true.

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 04:19
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:42
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

The grasshopper thing is likely fake. But I'm a little more convinced that it can be true, compared to Mike's take.

About the Trump thing... unless someone that I trust says that s/he had watched that episode of the series before we encountered unce Donald as a president, I'll not be 100% sure that it is true.

There is no "likely" about the grasshopper. It is a biological impossibility.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:44
^ Yes. I have read what you said. No need to repeat.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:50
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

You or Jeanine (it is really a confusing thing, even if I sense that your personalities are very different, but "statements" are quite alike) claimed that a guy with 5 octaves of voice is "the best" in this regard. Sorry, but even I can use 5 octaves of voice. I mentioned Dimash Kudaibergen, who has almost 8 octaves of voice. No reply from you, as usual. Because you're always right (!)

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 04:51
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:52
I did not even mention that the exoskeleton of insects is also a restricting factor.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 04:54
^ Wait no reply from me, if you deem yourself as a "know-it-all". It is not amusing for me to make you embarrassed, I assure you.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:00

You or Jeanine (it is really a confusing thing, even if I sense that your personalities are very different, but "statements" are quite alike) claimed that a guy with 5 octaves of voice is "the best" in this regard. Sorry, but even I can use 5 octaves of voice. I mentioned Dimash Kudaibergen, who has almost 8 octaves of voice. No reply from you, as usual. Because you're always right (!)

I certainly am not always right; I'll be the first to admit it. But I know a bit about biology. You need not trust me in this regard though:

https://amisstome.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/a-sizeable-advantage-why-insects-are-so-small/

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:01
^ Did you ever admit that Dimash's vocal range is FAR SUPERIOR to "your best"s? This is a rhetorical question. I see no point in getting further.

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 05:02
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:12

^ Did you ever admit that Dimash's vocal range is FAR SUPERIOR to "your best"s? This is a rhetorical question. I see no point in getting further.

About the "eight octave voice":

Quote from Wikipedia: Kudaibergen is well-recognized for his extremely wide and developed vocal range. His sung range expands 5 octaves and 10 semitones, from E2 to C6 to F#6 and, finally, D8.

I will admit that this is more than 5 octaves, but nothing like 8 octaves.

Edited by BaldFriede - May 21 2021 at 05:12

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:16
Ah... Ah... Ah...............................................................

This would last forever...

According to a vast majority of academical vocal trainers, any head voice or falsetto is not within the range. So even 4 octaves seems miraculous.

Dimash's final note is a G8. The clueless stupids say it is D8 everywhere. This is nothing but the comedy in the world.

Dimash's voice is very close to 8 octaves. Or "was". He could even reach 10 octaves. It is not impossible.

Take care...

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 05:17
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:21
^ I wonder if the people who say Dimash's highest note is a D8 are sort of deaf (like colorblinds), or if there's another reason for this misinformation. Or perhaps there's a problem in my ears? Though all academically trained people praise my musical ear immensely...

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 05:23
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:39
Even G8 would make it 6 octaves only. But it could easily be checked. Let him sing to every key on the piano (which spans eight octaves).

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:44
Nope. I checked all his notes via a piano simulation. his G8 is out of the piano range. I had to check it "differently". His voice is, as far as I remember, 2 full notes below 8 octaves. I believe he must have surpassed it by now.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 05:45
Also, always be suspicious of Wikipedia. Wink
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 06:31
As already said, even G8 makes it 6 octaves only.

As to ten octaves being possible: A flat no. You would have to sing outside of human hearing range for that. Only bats could hear you. You actually remind me of a guy that once tried to tell me a tale about something being -5000° Celsius cold until I politely pointed out that it can't get any colder than -273.15°C.

Edited by BaldFriede - May 21 2021 at 06:43

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 07:24
AS I SAID, DON'T TRUST IN WIKIPEDIA. He has performances where he used voices from the 1st octave. It is getting annoying...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 07:27

As to ten octaves being possible: A flat no. You would have to sing outside of human hearing range for that. 

There are electronic devices to measure octaves. There are already people with 8 or 9 octaves. PROVEN. But singing beautifully with more than 7 octaves is probably a unique phenomenon.

So, you still claim that you admit some things... Ludicrous.

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 07:28
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 07:50
@Friede

My final words to you in this discussion (please gracefully transfer it to our probable prospective discussions too): Either begin playing chess again, or leave me alone. Your "habit" obviously hasn't died, but I don't have to play "chess" with you. And I'll not, again.

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 21 2021 at 07:51
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 08:24
I am just being reasonable, so I say: Hic Rhodus, hic salta.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>