Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kate Winslet or Tilda Swinton - Or Both/Neither
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kate Winslet or Tilda Swinton - Or Both/Neither

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which actress? Both? Neither?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [29.17%]
10 [41.67%]
4 [16.67%]
3 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2021 at 14:38
I like a few of the quirky roles Swinton has done...excellent intense actress...can't say that Winslet has impresed me with her acting in any specific role but she's not bad either.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 00:11
Tilda Swinton Heart
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 03:32
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

Are we choosing them as an actress?  Or a role model?  Or a wife?  Or a one night stand?....

I choose Kate at all levelsSmile

As (was?) written on Burger King paper coke cups: "Have it your way." Wink

A whopper triple mayo - hold the bunBig smile

Also a giant Coke - hold the cup!! Evil Smile

Both actresses proposed here are fairly gross IMHO (at least in their respective pictures)

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 06:33
It's unfortunate and sad that a thread like this, in the 21st century, still generates sexist remarks from some male participants...

Both are, in my opinion, very good actresses, but Kate Winslet is a more "classical" Hollywood actress, whereas Tilda Swinton has a much larger palette of acting - she's been quite impressive in some very diverse roles and characters, so for me she is the most interesting and better actress (and I thinks she's more interesting as a person too).

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 06:53
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

It's unfortunate and sad that a thread like this, in the 21st century, still generates sexist remarks from some male participants...

Both are, in my opinion, very good actresses, but Kate Winslet is a more "classical" Hollywood actress, whereas Tilda Swinton has a much larger palette of acting - she's been quite impressive in some very diverse roles and characters, so for me she is the most interesting and better actress (and I thinks she's more interesting as a person too).

Clap

Though, Tilda's potential plethora of "characters" is not infinite, IMO. Winslet can handle some roles far better than her.

About the "cuteness" remark of mine, Tilda is too cute here too: (In order not to sound "sexist", I can say that I find Cuba Gooding Jr. cute too!)

Edited by Shadowyzard - May 29 2021 at 07:08
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 11:50
Hi,

Tilda Swinton for the incredible listing of films and amazing choices, things that most actors would not touch or have the courage to consider.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 17:16
I love Kate Winslet.

"Happiness is real only when shared"
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 19:37
If Tilda goes on Running Wild with Bear Grylls she would get my vote Wink

FHeartr now it's got to be Kate. 

Edited by tigerfeet - June 01 2021 at 19:37
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 06:11
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

If there is ever a Bowie biopic, I would love to see Tilda play the titular role. ❤️🥰

E6n2-IMGUYAMWR9i
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 08:54
And Tilda Swinton won another prize, in Cannes! Well, her dog did, actually...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12