Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vote Interactive Poll: Emotional songs (fe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Polling Place for Emotional Songs (Female)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.35%]
4 [5.41%]
2 [2.70%]
6 [8.11%]
3 [4.05%]
6 [8.11%]
3 [4.05%]
3 [4.05%]
1 [1.35%]
1 [1.35%]
5 [6.76%]
6 [8.11%]
3 [4.05%]
2 [2.70%]
1 [1.35%]
1 [1.35%]
1 [1.35%]
4 [5.41%]
1 [1.35%]
2 [2.70%]
2 [2.70%]
2 [2.70%]
1 [1.35%]
10 [13.51%]
3 [4.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vote Interactive Poll: Emotional songs (fe
    Posted: June 05 2021 at 08:18
In case anyone comes in and begins at the beginning, I am also posting this here:

Thus far, then, for Spot 25, the split vote for 

Silvia Pérez Cruz “Mañana” (Mila-13) or Ennio/Edda “Cosa” (Logan)

Tallies Thusly:  

Silvia Pérez Cruz “Mañana” (Mila-13)  1

Ennio/Edda “Cosa” (Logan)                   2

This will be updated as necessary.  

Emotional songs sung by female performers.
Polling Place for Interactive Poll: Emotional songs (female singer)
Link to original poll:  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126491&PN=1

First of all, again, best wishes for a speedy recovery for Lorenzo (jamesbaldwin), the creator of this particular type of poll.  Many thanks to all who have helped me figure out how best to take on the challenge of jumping in and having to sort out how to continue his poll in his temporary absence.

~Nickie (snicolette)

Please note there are some formatting inconsistencies in the poll, as there are a finite number of spaces to use.  

IMPORTANT:  Due to so many participants, the final poll choice is a split vote spot, between Logan's and Mila-13's choices, you will have to let us know in the comments section which of the songs you are voting for, or if you are voting for both in the spot.  

As of initial writing, I'd not heard back from dwill123, so went with precedent and selected his/her first entry for voting.  

Here are Lorenzo's original instructions for this poll:

What matters is that the singer is a woman, and that her interpretation (or in any case the music, combined with her singing), give you a great emotion (of any kind), if not even the chills.

The songs can be written by the same woman performer, or it can be a cover, or written by the group in which the woman sings.

In this case, to facilitate the choice, songs by prog groups and authors are allowed.

You can suggest 1, 2, 3, 4 four songs (not more), and then, next week, choose one song.

If you have time, and you want to express your opinions on the songs proposed by other forumists,

you are welcome!

You can vote for three songs, the ones you like more (but not for yours).

Edited by Snicolette - June 07 2021 at 11:24
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 08:31
is there a youtube playlist? Embarrassed
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 08:39
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

is there a youtube playlist? Embarrassed

I am guessing that George was awaiting the final word from dwill123.  I'm sure he'll post it if he has time to put one together. He has not posted a full one, as of this writing....Mila-13 had expressed interest in doing one if he's not already putting one together.  Perhaps they will contact one another and we'll get one soon.  

Edited by Snicolette - June 05 2021 at 08:44
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:25
I'll have a playlist posted shortly. I just need to arrange the songs.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:27
You are a gem, George!
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:39
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 09:43
^ thank you so much! Hug
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 10:05
To Whomever:  Thank you for the first vote already, and for Offa Rex.  I do find them exceptional and I am very happy to up their audience!
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 10:22
@ Snicolette & Logan

I would like to thank you guys for your warm welcome and your effort that allowed me to take part in this poll. Much appreciated!

This song is for you and I think that it fits the poll theme in its own way. It is a song by a legendary Russian rock band, Nochnye Snaipery (engl. Night Snipers) that was founded by two fantastic and passionate ladies back in 1991. Meanwhile each of them has a band of her own but now and then they do still perform together. In this video you can see their performance on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the band's foundation. Enjoy! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNXTYleZm0

p.s. The song title is Solntse (engl. Sun).

Edited by Mila-13 - June 05 2021 at 10:34
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 10:23
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

:
Here are Lorenzo's original instructions for this poll:
:
:
You can vote for three songs, the ones you like more (but not for yours).

This is the first poll on here I've ever voted in, so I voted for my first choice (I found I could only tick one box at a time) but when I went to choose numbers two and three, the 'cast my vote' tab had been replaced by 'you have already voted in this poll', so I don't, at the moment, see how this is possible.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:02

To Whomever:  Thank you for the first vote already, and for Offa Rex.  I do find them exceptional and I am very happy to up their audience!

@ Snicolette
When I went through the line-up I clicked by mistake on a button in the voting table. I have not yet listended to ths songs. Do you think that I will be still able to use the voting form?
I'm sorry for this! Sleepy

Above there is another message from me. btw.

Edited by Mila-13 - June 05 2021 at 11:05
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:07
Originally posted by Mila-13 Mila-13 wrote:

@ Snicolette
When I went through the line-up I clicked by mistake on a button in the voting table. I have not yet listended to ths songs. Do you think that I will be still able to use the voting form?

This has now been fixed, my apologies, I was so intent on making sure I had everyone in and identified properly that I forgot to select to allow multiple votes.  Embarrassed  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:08
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

This is the first poll on here I've ever voted in, so I voted for my first choice (I found I could only tick one box at a time) but when I went to choose numbers two and three, the 'cast my vote' tab had been replaced by 'you have already voted in this poll', so I don't, at the moment, see how this is possible.
  My sincere apologies, I didn't mark the correct box when creating the poll.  You should now be able to vote multiple times.  Embarrassed
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:10

@ Snicolette & Logan

I would like to thank you guys for your warm welcome and your effort that allowed me to take part in this poll. Much appreciated!

This song is for you and I think that it fits the poll theme in its own way. It is a song by a legendary Russian rock band, Nochnye Snaipery (engl. Night Snipers) that was founded by two fantastic and passionate ladies back in 1991. Meanwhile each of them has a band of her own but now and then they do still perform together. In this video you can see their performance on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the band's foundation. Enjoy! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNXTYleZm0

p.s. The song title is Solntse (engl. Sun).

Thank you Mila-13, will look forward to hearing it!  Not sure if you know how to use the film button above, this will allow you to post a YT video with the video shown as opposed to following the above kind of link, but if you don't, it's pretty easy to use...most of the time.  

Edited by Snicolette - June 05 2021 at 11:10
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:27

@ Snicolette

This has now been fixed, my apologies, I was so intent on making sure I had everyone in and identified properly that I forgot to select to allow multiple votes.  Embarrassed  

I can't thank you enough for making this poll happen! Hug

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 11:35

It takes everyone to make it happen, but truly, Lorenzo of the Broken Knee, deserves the highest accolades for suggesting the twists that make it different than other polls here.  May he soon rejoin us!  
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 12:57

It takes everyone to make it happen, but truly, Lorenzo of the Broken Knee, deserves the highest accolades for suggesting the twists that make it different than other polls here.  May he soon rejoin us!  

A knee joint is so vital! Besides nowadays people try to avoid hospitals when ever possible. May he recover asap! 

The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 16:31
Now off to the first listens. And a warm welcome to all the new faces Smile

To those who didn't see my first post in the original thread: You can find a lyric translation of Katinka - "Idioter" here: http://musixmatch.com/lyrics/Katinka-3/Idioter/translation/english

Edited by The Anders - June 05 2021 at 16:33
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2021 at 20:58
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

Now off to the first listens. And a warm welcome to all the new faces Smile

To those who didn't see my first post in the original thread: You can find a lyric translation of Katinka - "Idioter" here: http://musixmatch.com/lyrics/Katinka-3/Idioter/translation/english

Thanks. good to have some translations , although sometimes if you cannot locate the translation the emotion is partly enough.

Just on my first listen to the whole playlist in its final format. This may be the hardest yet to decide on a top 3. 

Edited by tigerfeet - June 05 2021 at 20:58
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 01:27
my 3 choices

Offa Rex's "The Queen of Hearts"
Janis Ian “Tea and Sympathy”
Bent Knee - Being Human
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>