Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Horror Movies From Joel Schumacher

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which one is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [35.29%]
3 [17.65%]
2 [11.76%]
6 [35.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Horror Movies From Joel Schumacher
    Posted: June 09 2021 at 10:19
I'll vote for both.

The Lost Boys is my most watched movie. We literally tortured its VHS cassette with extreme usage.

Flatliners generally gets mixed reactions. I enjoyed it a lot too.

Both the movies include the awesomely idiosyncratic and weirdly charismatic actor Kiefer Sutherland.

R.I.P. Mr. Schumacher

What about your take?

Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2021 at 08:36
I've created the most popular poll (Euro 2020) and the most unpopular one (this) on this page. Any award to this? Tongue

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop by to repeat my love for these movies!

Edited by Shadowyzard - June 29 2021 at 08:37
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2021 at 14:26
I have not seen either of them based on memory, but I have heard about them. Joel died last year, he have indeed done some good movie but also single handedly killed Batman-franchize and Superhero movies in general for. 4 years, until a C-lister daywalker came along.

Edited by Icarium - June 29 2021 at 23:18
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2023 at 10:19
Definitely The Lost Boys. I was surprised to see twice as many neithers as votes for that.

My favourite Vampire-themed film with comedy elements was the following years The Vampire's Kiss with Nicholas Cage (I don't always like him but his over-the-topness is so perfect here). And my favourite vampire horror film of the 80s is the very stylish The Hunger (with Bowie, Deneuve, and Sarandon).

Just a fanboy passin' through.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2023 at 12:46
BATMAN AND ROBIN !

Now THAT was scary. Disapprove
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2023 at 15:47
The Lost Boys!

But I did enjoy Flatliners too😊
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2023 at 06:13
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

I have not seen either of them based on memory, but I have heard about them. Joel died last year, he have indeed done some good movie but also single handedly killed Batman-franchize and Superhero movies in general for. 4 years, until a C-lister daywalker came along.

Hi,

I have not, as well, seen these films. At the time, I was too heavy into all foreign stuff and many of these films didn't get seen because of it.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2023 at 16:56
One of the great ending lines of a movie: 

"One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach; all the damn vampires."
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2023 at 09:43
I still choose both, but with a different account this time. TongueWink
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2023 at 09:43
I haven't voted with this account, BTW. It would mean cheating. Party
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2023 at 10:33
True that Kiefer Sutherland is an interesting and intriguing actor; in many films he adds that "special thing" that remains undefinable but makes a film stands out above average. Here I'll go with the Lost Boys...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2023 at 09:51
Flatliners is a great movie. I've always loved films that delve into the after life a little bit and Keifer is great value.
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2023 at 10:55
Another vote for Flatliners.
 Post Reply Post Reply