Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honours for Wakeman and Parsons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 08:30
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

When is Johnny Rotten going to be knighted?  How about Sir Keef?  Fripp is already royalty in his own head.  

Johnny Rotten was offered an MBE, and refused it.

I'm quite surprised that the man who sang "God Save the Queen" would be offered any sort of honour, let alone accept it.

Hi,

I was thinking that this was more of a concession to the fact that he made many folks in their Parliament even richer ... than anything else. But it will be a cold day in hell before they would even allow him in there and he probably would curse and fart while saying something! I would imagine that to be far out and funny, but the fuddy duddies would not and regret their decision!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2021 at 08:34
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

When is Johnny Rotten going to be knighted?  How about Sir Keef?  Fripp is already royalty in his own head.  

Johnny Rotten was offered an MBE, and refused it.

I'm quite surprised that the man who sang "God Save the Queen" would be offered any sort of honour, let alone accept it.

Hi,

I was thinking that this was more of a concession to the fact that he made many folks in their Parliament even richer ... than anything else. But it will be a cold day in hell before they would even allow him in there and he probably would curse and fart while saying something! I would imagine that to be far out and funny, but the fuddy duddies would not and regret their decision!
How did he make folks in Parliament richer? btw getting an MBE doesn't make you an MP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12