0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Shuffle Spring Run-off!
    Posted: October 15 2022 at 23:04
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Probably the only poll where I'd vote for ELP in preference to Renaissance, but then again, "Jerusalem" is my favourite ELP song, and I don't recall the "Africa" song by Renaissance. Embarrassed

Jerusalem - Emerson Lake & Palmer
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2021 at 12:54
...surprising things I find about this poll:

1) maudlin and Beefheart were TIED in the original 3rd Spring Mix poll--now maudlin has 5 and Pachuco Cadaver has (thus far) only one vote.

2) Cinema has no votes thus far (though it was my 2nd choice).

Also, well, maybe a bit surprising that ELP dominates, (but maybe not, I dunno...)

Z
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2021 at 21:05
You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose...
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2021 at 16:39
Maudlin followed by Yes and ELP.
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2021 at 14:26
ELP from Rush. Two best tracks here.
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 14:22
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

I am psyched to see Maudlin of the Well up there, so I will gun for that track even though I doubt it will win.

It's not my favourite track from "Part the Second" (Maudlin of the Well), but I vote for it, anyway.

Same. 👍🏻

I’m amused that, for the moment, Maudlin is beating Rush. That won’t last, of course. But it’s nice to see… 😜

I'm actually quite partial to it.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 15:06
Originally posted by zwordser zwordser wrote:

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

This one has a better percentage of stuff I know than the earlier polls... vote Dead Can Dance.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "better percentage", but anyway, just to remind:  this poll consists of the winners from the previous Random Shuffle polls.

There are 11 tracks listed of which I know 10. Usually I knew 1-3 of your polls.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 10:36
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

This one has a better percentage of stuff I know than the earlier polls... vote Dead Can Dance.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "better percentage", but anyway, just to remind:  this poll consists of the winners from the previous Random Shuffle polls.

Z
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 10:33
I voted Museo Rosenbach -- great track that didn't have any votes yet.  Love Cinema, so that'd be my 2nd, followed by maudlin.
Z
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 08:46
Red Sector A just ahead of Cinema.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 06:40
Book of Saturday. I love that song.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 04:57
Probably the only poll where I'd vote for ELP in preference to Renaissance, but then again, "Jerusalem" is my favourite ELP song, and I don't recall the "Africa" song by Renaissance. Embarrassed
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 04:56
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

I am psyched to see Maudlin of the Well up there, so I will gun for that track even though I doubt it will win.

It's not my favourite track from "Part the Second" (Maudlin of the Well), but I vote for it, anyway.

Same. 👍🏻

I’m amused that, for the moment, Maudlin is beating Rush. That won’t last, of course. But it’s nice to see… 😜

I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:23

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:21
Red Sector A - Rush
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2021 at 03:16
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 21:19
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 17:04
beefy beefy 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2021 at 17:01
The winners of the 9 "Spring Mixes" (Random Shuffles, as of June 14) that were posted from March to June, 2021 are listed in the above poll (there were a couple ties, too).

Choose your preferred track OR if you like another from the 9 polls (links listed below) choose "Other" and comment on which one.

Spring Mix (3/22/21)
Spring Mix 2 (3/31/21)
Final Spring Mix (6/08/21)
Z
 Post Reply Post Reply