Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have Vitamins Helped You?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have Vitamins Helped You?
    Posted: July 19 2021 at 18:06
First off, which vitamins do you take?

Which ones worked, and which ones worked. Please describe (even in one short sentence) things you noticed physically/mentally.

The next time I buy vitamins in the future, they're going to be chewables :)
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 18:22
I like my Vitamin C in a Can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1NhRbNJ_Y

I used to use multivitamins, not sure how much they helped. Now I just try to eat better. A well balanced diet (although I avoid meat for ethical considerations -- haven't gone Vegan yet) that avoids junk food and processed food certainly helps my physical and mental health. I combine this with regular exercise.

Edited by Logan - July 19 2021 at 18:23
Just a fanboy passin' through.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 20:03
YES! I'm a huge supplement fan. I did a major crash course in nutrition about eight years ago and was shocked to find out that MOST vitamins are utterly ineffective.

First of all in the US there are NO standards and no supplements are approved by the FDA or any other regulating body therefore we have to rely on the comparative guide put out by our Canadian neighbors.

I take USANA vitamins because they have 18 criteria which are required for proper absorption, free of toxicities and tons of other factors.

You can only buy them through a distributor, which i am one BTW so if anyone is interested, please hit me up.

They are a bit pricey but win almost every award for BEST of the BEST.

They are also pharmaceutical grade which means insurance premiums may cover them if they are prescribed by a physician.

Nutritionals

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 21:10
vitamin e gives me an erection
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 21:36
^ and vitamin d gives you a dick to erect LOL

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 22:05
I wish. with all the vitamin d I've taken in my life I'd have like 800 dicks 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2021 at 22:45
Not sure. I think a multi vitamin is good but I doubt much would happen if you didn't take it. 
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 00:42
Vitamins help everyone!
But do I eat additional pills outside of the food I eat? No. I figure the bananas, bacon and cigarettes keep me full of zeitgeist and gas.

Kidding aside: if you eat a varied diet with vegetables, fruit, nuts, meat and nutella...well there shouldn’t be a need to throw money at big corporations and their pills.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 01:04
I take vitamin B12 every morning to combat fatigue and to compensate for the fact that I almost never eat meat products these days.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 01:43
I only take cod liver oil for my joints, and zinc. I have no idea if either have helped me. I've been taking them for as long as I can remember, and I'd have to stop to see if they make a difference.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 04:17
Cod Liver oil tablets and vitamin B each day. In winter Vitamin D tablets. Can't say I feel any better (or different), but at my age it seems worth while.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 04:48
Doctors gave me vitamins when I got sick. Yet, I rarely got sick in my lifetime. Other than that, I never took vitamins. I have a healthy diet, eat fruits and vegetables that are grown in our own garden(s). When I get sick, be assured that it is epicly deadly. Yet it happens as rare as hen's teeth. Since 1999, I haven't had a serious bodily sickness, and for about 5 years I've had no illness whatsoever. My mental health is also OK for more than a decade. My antipsychotic tablets (5 mg a day) keep me sane. Other than that, I don't take any pills and stuff unless really necessary.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 04:48
OP: YES! As a life-long vegetarian, I've known that there might be long-term vitamin deficiencies in my diet--especially as I've aged. My wife had severe heart arrythmias corrected--in the space of less than two weeks!--with the simple addition of a B12 supplement! My life long battle with lactose intolerance was ameliorated by the use of Costco/Kirkland's Lactase Fast Act. My life-long battle with weak lungs (every time I got sick it would go into my lungs--often resulting in pneumonias) was totally eradicated with the every-other-daily intake of high-quality astragalus in a tea. My wife's kidney numbers went from okay to "superkidney" with the addition of daily nettle tea--and continue to do so despite the fact that she now has only one kidney (after having donated her other one to her mother in 2014). Cholesterol issues have been managed with Chinese herbs ("bad" cholesterol went down 80 points in one month's time with the addition of a Chinese herbal hawthorne berry concoction. 

I've long ago come to the conclusion that vitamins and minerals are best sourced from fresh, raw foods and juices, but that supplements delivered in as natural, unadulterated a state as possible are quite effective. 

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 05:22
At age 66 I take Solgar VM-Prime daily.  It definitely gives me enough energy to get through the day.  (This is a twice a day supplement)

Amazon.com: Solgar Formula VM-Prime, 100 Tablets - Iron-Free Multivitamin  for Adults 50+ - Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E - Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium,  Zinc - Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Kosher -
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 05:46
^ Solgar is a great product too

I take their Astaxanthin, a potent antioxident from them but they do not rank as the best of the best

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 05:55
My intestines looked at them and sent them on through because there was already enough of these things from food and stuff that was just sitting around down there. So, they've helped me in making my poops slightly larger. It would be easier and more efficient to just throw my $20 bills down the toilet.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 06:29
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

My intestines looked at them and sent them on through because there was already enough of these things from food and stuff that was just sitting around down there. So, they've helped me in making my poops slightly larger. It would be easier and more efficient to just throw my $20 bills down the toilet.

That is indeed the case with most brands you buy at the store which is why a fundamental education in the various criteria of supplements is essential. Food for example has been severely depleted of nutrient content due to industrial agriculture practices. There are a gazillion other reasons why vitamin absorption may be inhibited.  A pH of 7.5 or above is mandatory for the blood and interstidium in order for optimal health therefore if dietary choices create an acidic lifestyle then even vitamins will be ineffective.

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 06:39
"hey you, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing your vitamin C"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 07:05
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

"hey you, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing your vitamin C"

CAN you elaborate on that statement?
Egebamyasialbumcover.jpg

Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 07:07
I only take a vitamin D supplement, and that is only because it was recommended by my GP. As a result of the treatment for other long term conditions my VitD level can go a bit cranky.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>