Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have Vitamins Helped You?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2022 at 07:37
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Well...you should get enough from your diet if you eat properly but when older you can need some help...my doc recently said I need more D and B12...based on blood tests.

You have to distinguish between enough to stay alive and thriving. It's impossible to thrive without some sort of supplementation. There are various reasons why this is the case but the gist is that soils have been depleted and pollution and toxicities rob the body of many of the nutrients we consume. Some aren't even bio-available at all unless we engage in an alkaline based diet.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2022 at 15:28
Just hit the big five-double-O this past October. Where would I be without my fish oil supplements?
finnley View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 07:48
Originally posted by RihanaBB RihanaBB wrote:

I've always had the same attitude: vitamins are much better if they come from real food, so I never used to take anything.
I partly agree with you. But still there are some vitamins that are difficult to obtain naturally. These are Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids. Their sufficiency is very important. As states the Canada Drugs website, Vitamin D is crucial for our energy, bones, and immune system but it's really hard to take them from food only. The same is with Omega 3. There are some ppl, who don't eat fatty fish, so they'd better take it with supps, for example. 

Edited by finnley - January 31 2022 at 05:38
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 08:07
Just gonna drop some Vitamin F:

Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 10:03
Vitamins do one thing for you......Create very expensive pee in the toilet. 

Just eat healthy foods like lots of greens, fruits and minimize the processed stuff as well eliminate the added sugars, total sugars are fine. If you load up your body with added sugars it will get stored as fat, men should limit added sugars to around 35g/day, that's like 8-9 Oreo cookies. BTW, 1 can of Coke has 39g of added sugar so for those of you drinking 2-3 a day.......You will die sooner than later.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 14:54
^Agreed. I would also add salt and saturated fats as something to watch and keep in moderation. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 18:48
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^Agreed. I would also add salt and saturated fats as something to watch and keep in moderation. 
I like salt.....makes my #2 come out easier
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 19:33
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Just eat healthy foods like lots of greens, fruits and minimize the processed stuff as well eliminate the added sugars, total sugars are fine. If you load up your body with added sugars it will get stored as fat, men should limit added sugars to around 35g/day, that's like 8-9 Oreo cookies. BTW, 1 can of Coke has 39g of added sugar so for those of you drinking 2-3 a day.......You will die sooner than later.

If that's true then why does EVERY top performing athlete take a large regimen of supplementation? I've been taking medical grade supplements for almost ten years now. I can guarantee that not only do they work but are quite necessary in order to thrive at one's peak.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 22:17
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

If that's true then why does EVERY top performing athlete take a large regimen of supplementation? I've been taking medical grade supplements for almost ten years now. I can guarantee that not only do they work but are quite necessary in order to thrive at one's peak.
And in my case I have never taken any supplements of any kind, I am 58yrs old and still play baseball (not softball) and this is very competitive league. I have been catching for the past 20yrs all 9 inning games, I run faster than most men 20yrs younger than me. I've caught college pitchers that throw upper 90s and can hit a 90mph fastball, my hand eye coordination is better than most my age easily.....I coach HS lacrosse and do summer camps, pretty much everything I do is sports related activity. I've never had any surgery other than repair a meniscus tear 2yrs ago in my right knee. Ortho told me he saw zero arthritis in my knees...

That being said I agree almost all pro athletes take something, legal or illegal Shocked to generally help them recover from games. They also eat better than most people, they do not eat hamburgers and hot dogs and fries....They know what food they eat affects their performance. I drink Gatorade during and after games to replenish fluids I sweat out, maybe that is considered a supplement. I'll eat an orange before I take a vitamin C pill.......but hey bro, maybe I'm a freak of nature LOL.
YMMV......its all good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123