Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gentle Giant - Sight & Sound in Concert

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progressive Enjoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gentle Giant - Sight & Sound in Concert
    Posted: August 17 2021 at 06:48
Gentle Giant's "Sight & Sound..." is my favourite episode of the show, and in general is one of my favourite recorded live performances.
"You know what you are, you don't give a damn" Peter Gabriel
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2021 at 08:36
Any live GG performance is great imho. Sensationally good musicians!
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 04:08
I didn't really *get* Gentle Giant until I watched a live performance via YouTube. I was absolutely blown away by the creativity and musicianship on display. Amazing band!
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 05:01
I'm not a big GG fan, but I was quite taken aback by the sound quality on the S&S performance, especially considering its age. The musicianship was also pretty staggering as you'd expect.

The S&S series ran into the 80's. Marillion also done one of these shows, which despite Fish's awful vocal perfoamnce on the night, after months of touring, was also really good. The live TV broadcast was also broadcast on BBC Radio 1 FM at the time. Good days.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply