FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazing Kids Performing Music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazing Kids Performing Music
    Posted: January 26 2022 at 13:34
Not sure if a kid or a teen, but this little guy seems extraordinarily talented:

Edited by Shadowyzard - January 26 2022 at 13:35
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 15:16
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^So...producers, engineers and camera men get a credit but not the musicians.
How am I not surprised?

I assume due to the age of the kids, not posting their names on the putrid World Wide Web at the time, I suspect most of these kids are over 18 now.

Edited by Catcher10 - September 03 2021 at 15:18
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 14:27
^ Good point!

Catcher10, these kids are amazing. All of them. Drum&bass work and the vocals are incredible here. I especially liked the drummer. He is like a real wonderkid in some American movies who can even slay dragons! Such a determination and talent! I also appreciated that his performance was not totally flawless. He is a kid, right? He should enjoy these magical years of his life. Clap
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 14:08
^So...producers, engineers and camera men get a credit but not the musicians.
How am I not surprised?

Edited by JD - September 03 2021 at 14:12
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 12:40
This one is much older from 2013, but the O'Keefe Music Foundation has done many many videos of the kids covering music. This is one of my favs, Tool 46 and 2......check out the bass players shirt.
The singer (Kala Scarpinski) is now a young adult and I know she was in a band for awhile, not sure what she is doing now. They also covered DT Pull Me Under....

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 12:24
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ I really, really loved this kid playing the drums. Or was she a teenager then? Wink Edit: This is recent stuff, I see. A 11 year old girl.

She is doing some physically demanding stuff. Needs to put the muscles in a good shape with lots of practice. She is adorable, cute, energetic. I'd love to work with her in my band. Like Mike Portnoy, her energy and the way she reflects it is priceless on stage.

Exceptional talent? I'm not sure. I have to check some of her other stuff out to say that.

Thanks! Thumbs Up

Wait till you see her other stuff, she's damn GOOD!! Plays drums, bass, guitar and learning piano now.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 12:19
^ I really, really loved this kid playing the drums. Or was she a teenager then? Wink Edit: This is recent stuff, I see. A 11 year old girl.

She is doing some physically demanding stuff. Needs to put the muscles in a good shape with lots of practice. She is adorable, cute, energetic. I'd love to work with her in my band. Like Mike Portnoy, her energy and the way she reflects it is priceless on stage.

Exceptional talent? I'm not sure. I have to check some of her other stuff out to say that.

Thanks! Thumbs Up

Edited by Shadowyzard - September 03 2021 at 12:22
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 12:09
Nandi Bushnell is awesome!! This is the most recent one of her playing the final song with Foo Fighters in Los Angeles couple weeks ago. If you don't know the story, she challenged Grohl to a drum battle last year, which he accepted. You can search for that video if you like. There is a 10min video on this concert footage that includes Dave telling the story if you wanna hear that one.
Every kid's dream to play on stage with a massive band..........

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2021 at 11:40
I've seen tons of children playing various instruments, that made me say, "Wow, cool for his/her age!". But this (see the video below) was the only kid about whom I didn't say "for his age" in such a situation. I can play the drums, perhaps that's why. Lots of kids playing the guitar, piano, and other instruments are out there; but I really cannot assess if their skills are exceptional. As I can only play the drums and sing. I also can figure out if a kid singer is outstanding or not, but I honestly haven't seen a kid singer like a real vocal virtuoso, yet. Perhaps you can show me some?

Edited by Shadowyzard - September 03 2021 at 11:55
 Post Reply Post Reply