Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please recommend me sad 60s-70s songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 00:08
^ The End is another favourite of mine, along with Riders on the Storm...

If all of the great songs posted on this thread were put together into one multi-disc compilation album, then it'd be the best album in the world! Clap

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 10 2021 at 00:22
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 01:01
^An all time favourite of mine too. Their albums 'The Doors' (1967), and 'L.A. Woman' (1971) are sublime all time classics, I find the stuff in between a bit of a mixed bag to be honest.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2021 at 07:57
Catherine Howe - It's Possible
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2021 at 08:34
That Falling Feeling - 801
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2021 at 05:41

Shangri La by ELO is a beautifull song.

Todd know how to touch your feelings.

And I'm sure someone already mentioned it but Epitaph by KC is one of the most emotional song that were ever written.

Edited by yogev - September 12 2021 at 05:42
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 20:10

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 20:19
ABBA's new song made me cry. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - September 14 2021 at 20:21
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 00:45
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 09:43
Postcard Love - 801
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 10:25
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

I love ABBA's new song too, and it's lovely to see they haven't aged at all, despite it being 40 years now since they broke up. Heart
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 10:48
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I love ABBA's new song too, and it's lovely to see they haven't aged at all, despite it being 40 years now since they broke up. Heart

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 11:01
^ I Still Have Faith in You to shatter my illusions. Tongue

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 16 2021 at 11:05
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 11:29
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 13:17
Three sad songs from the same album:

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Umeda View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 20:34

Well. I guess piano is sad for me.
Not for rent. To any God or government.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 21:05
Here are some favorites from my "Beautiful Sadness" playlist that I don't think anyone has mentioned so far.

Edited by zwordser - September 16 2021 at 22:14
Z
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 01:46
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Still a hot group in every sense Smile
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 05:52
ABBA has held the place of “my all time old favorites” since I started listening to music. The song, THE WAY OLD FRIENDS DO, evokes strong feelings in me and makes me cry, when I think of times in my past when anger created rifts between people I knew, but they made up because they WERE old friends. So it’s both sad and encouraging. I feel that today, regardless of country, government or issues, we can face it together, the way old friends do. And even this virus which affects us all, so many positive things have come out of it despite the horrors. It makes me smile. 😃 Another thing that makes me smile is coming here, to enjoy great Prog and the words of those who truly enjoy it. And of course, the words of Psychedelic Paul, since I am his number one fan!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 06:55

^ I Still Have Faith in You to shatter my illusions. Tongue

The footage of them performing is probably from ten years ago or so(if not more). I doubt it's recent. 
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 07:06
In hindsight, I should have given more thought to the part of my comment that read: regardless of the country, government or issues….”. What I meant is: that within each country, with its own government, whatever the issue, they can face it together, the way old friends do. Not that all countries could come together in unity and harmony, putting aside all conflicts they have, together (as old friends). Nope! Not gonna happen!
Sorry if this is what you thought I way saying. But part about great Prog and equally great words was right on the money! Thanks. FPR. 😃👍🎼🎹🎤
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>